No announcement yet.

I have a serious problem I can't hold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People sometimes lie online - especially when things are good, they are overwealmed and don't know how to pull out without loosing face. If you know some way to verify who she is, you might do that, but honestly I think you are asking for trouble. I don't expect her to show up, especially not with any good explainations that will make up for you waiting for her. If you really want the truth, dont expect cozy; if she is who she says she is, she has problems communicating. I don't think you should think in terms of How to feel better. It is normal to feel horrible when someone ends a relationship in this manner.
    Last edited by differentcountries; October 28, 2014, 04:22 PM.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

My advice to you is to continue your life as though she will not contact you again. I'm sorry to say, but for whatever reason, she is not interested in contacting you or she would have found a way by now. So it's time for you to move on; immerse yourself in your daily activities (you mentioned football, for example) and keep busy to keep your mind off things. Definitely continue to speak with the counselor you saw if you continue to feel upset - that's a good way to handle your feelings right now and they might also have some suggestions for moving forward. Good luck!
      In all the world there is no heart for me like yours.
      In all the world there is no love for you like mine.
      -- Maya Angelou

Comment

I disagree. I think it's much more easier to tell worst truth to other person through chat, because then we aren't able to observe their reaction to our words. Of course it's harder than just walking away without a word.

Back to topic I can say we are experienced in "waiting for each other". When I was in England, she had to wait for any news from me for about 5 days just because I have put her mail adress into adress book wrongly. She just waited and sent mails then, regular thing I think. Month later, she went to Paris for a trip with her parents, and then she couldn't reach me from there, so I waited. Now the situation is moreless the same, just I am unable to handle the emotions, because of love blooming and the fact that we get to know more and more about each other, bonding together. That's why I don't think it's the end of relationship, it's a passable obstacle, we just need to talk through the issues

You are twice my age, so you can consider my way thinking naive If your words are true, it will be hard for me to accept the way it is.

And If someone could redirect me to some post about why catfishes exist, I mean what's their purpose of behaving, why they pretend to be someone else, I'd be really grateful.

And thanks everyone for your insight so far

Comment

Originally posted by rhabdoviridae View Post
          My advice to you is to continue your life as though she will not contact you again. I'm sorry to say, but for whatever reason, she is not interested in contacting you or she would have found a way by now. So it's time for you to move on; immerse yourself in your daily activities (you mentioned football, for example) and keep busy to keep your mind off things. Definitely continue to speak with the counselor you saw if you continue to feel upset - that's a good way to handle your feelings right now and they might also have some suggestions for moving forward. Good luck!
          If she doesn't have internet at the moment, it means she can't contact me for example. We got too used to having our mobiles and internet 24/7 and sometimes life isn't that good But yes, I must keep strong, give myself some time, I don't know how much, around a week, and wait how the situation develops itself. If she won't come in a week time, that means that it's definetly over-over. Just it's hard to do anything, keep busy, when she was the main support behind almost every thing you did (especially football).
          *Sigh* I am just person that isn't created for LDR's. It's just my heart met a girl, and keeps spamming information to my brain "She's the one!"

Comment

Kristofix, you seem like a very nice young guy. First of all, let me say I know how hard long distance is. We all do. Every moment that you don't get to spend together it feels like your heart is being ripped from your chest. Every moment you do get to spend together is like you are in heaven. However, I see that the relationship only began very recently. First of all, I would suggest you take a deep breath. You say that she's the one, but it is so early in the relationship and you have had such limited communication. It is not always easy to be rational, but it is important. Second of all, I am a bit curious about the webcam situation. You stated that the snowstorm ruined her webcam (sorry if I misread) - do you mean because they lost internet? Have you ever even seen a picture of her? Sadly, the people in this forum may be onto something with the catfishing theory. There are far too many people in the world who wish to take advantage of others.

With that being said, try to do things you enjoy and keep yourself busy until you hear from her again. I met my SO in an online game as well - World of Warcraft. I know that playing the game without them can be difficult. Maybe you can find another game to try while you bide your time. Either way, good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristofix View Post
              we are experienced in "waiting for each other". When I was in England, she had to wait for any news from me for about 5 days just because I have put her mail adress into adress book wrongly. She just waited and sent mails then, regular thing I think. Month later, she went to Paris for a trip with her parents, and then she couldn't reach me from there, so I waited.

If someone could redirect me to some post about why catfishes exist, I mean what's their purpose of behaving, why they pretend to be someone else, I'd be really grateful.
              You have known each other for months, but you don't ever text or phone each other? Why? Paris should be full of internet cafes to contact you for a few minutes. A couple of months in, your communication seems very lax bordering careless.

Catfishing: There is a movie about a woman who created a whole family and friends network of fake people, just to be able to chat with some guy as the pretty young girl she was not, and get attention over her amatour paintings. The guy made the movie after he sought her down and confronted her. She was lonely, frustrated and very, very imaginitive. It was like she was writing a book, exept she did it online while a guy fell for her.
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Thank you for kind words nerdgasm

Originally posted by nerdgasm42 View Post
                I am a bit curious about the webcam situation. You stated that the snowstorm ruined her webcam (sorry if I misread) - do you mean because they lost internet? Have you ever even seen a picture of her? Sadly, the people in this forum may be onto something with the catfishing theory. There are far too many people in the world who wish to take advantage of others.
                By webcam situation I meant that saturday was the day we both promised to get webcams, but it was snowing that hard in Romania no surprise for me she didn't even get out of home.

Anyway, so far I think I know what should be done, and constant worry about this situation rather kills me more than helps. And thanks for bringing World of Warcraft here Going back to Azeroth is good idea for sure (I was hardcore raider for 3-4 years before money started to be pain).

P.S. I think that someone who is catfish, would really try to take some advantage, therefore It's unlikely that she would disappear now, without having profit Unless 2 poems and 3 drawings are enough to make catfish back away
                Last edited by Kristofix; October 29, 2014, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                  You have known each other for months, but you don't ever text or phone each other? Why? Paris should be full of internet cafes to contact you for a few minutes. A couple of months in, your communication seems very lax bordering careless.
                  It's all because of my fault I think. At first I never asked her to do it, because I am really, terribly scared of having these moments of dead silence during calls. Possibility to hear or see her was making me happy, but at the very same moment some kind of scared, because of that silence as i mentioned. Talking with someone who I care about personally is, sadly, a huge barrier for me And it's not only with her, just friends as such.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristofix View Post
                    It's all because of my fault I think. At first I never asked her to do it, because I am really, terribly scared of having these moments of dead silence during calls. Possibility to hear or see her was making me happy, but at the very same moment some kind of scared, because of that silence as i mentioned. Talking with someone who I care about personally is, sadly, a huge barrier for me And it's not only with her, just friends as such.
                    It sounds like you are struggling with being an introvert. I can relate to that. Remember that silence also can be useful. Some of the best moments with my SO on Skype, we don't say anything, we just look at each other and feel the energy from that. Also, talking about personal things can make you vounerable, but also give you strenght. Because you are no longer alone with your thoughts, and the other person gets to know you more. Maybe you can start with trying to be closer to your friends sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                    X