I am a mess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a mess

I just saw my boyfriend for 7 days after not seeing him for 3 months. I don't know how I am going to get through this. I am a complete mess I really could use a friend right now.

I understand completly my bf has been to my house once so far,he's very busy with work and can only get a certain amount of months off at a time,but when he left I was a mess also,it will get easier,it just takes some time.

Comment

You'll get through it. We all do. We have all chosen to be in a LDR because we believe the other person and our relationships are worth the distance. It is always hard when you separate after a visit. However, dwelling on how miserable you are isn't going to make you feel better - it's going to make you feel worse. It's time for positive thinking and to focus on what it is about your relationship that makes it worth it for you. And allow yourself some time to do something you enjoy: a good book, time with friends, a hot bubble bath.
      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I am lucky enough to see mine every other week, or many times, every week. It's not easy for me, either. Hang in there. It's worth it!
        sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Like the others said, take care of yourself. We must all take care not to slip into a depressive way of thinking. Also, planning the next visit can be very helpful even if it can't happen right away. I see my SO every month and while I am grateful for that, it is hard to leave him and having no closing time. The reason to get through this is the love and communication you have together.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

((Hugs)) You will get through this because seeing him sometimes is better than not seeing him at all...because with every passing day you are closer to seeing him again. Hang in there!
            Met Online : July 2013
            Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
            2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
            3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
            Proposal : December 2014
            Closed distance : February 2015
            Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Can you start making plans to see each other next? That at least will give you something to look forward to.

Comment

Leaving each other always sucks. I was heart broken after the first meeting with my SO and for weeks stayed so depressed. But it always gets better! Plus the way I look at it is... why should I be depressed when I always have something to look forward to - seeing him again! You'll feel better soon, hun. We all get the post visit blues!
                "I ran to him. I dropped my luggage and ran to him. My heart melted in my chest as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I could feel him. I could kiss him. I could smell him. He was real. He was here. He is mine."

He could be a million miles away...and still be worth every single mile <3

We met in 2012
                We became a couple in April 2014
                Our lips first met August 8, 2014
                Our beautiful 2nd visit was November 2014
                Hoping to visit again for a New Years kiss
                We'll spend my birthday and Valentines day in each other's arms <3 - Feb 2015
                Our "spring break" in March 2015
                Summer fun - June 2015
                DISNEY WORLD!!! Sept 2015

LOVE > DISTANCE
                QUALITY > CONVENIENCE

Comment

Sometimes staying sad after meeting up doesn't help the other person either. Seeing you so hurt because they can't be there can make it harder for them too. Try to focus on the positive and find things to keep you busy.

Comment

Working...
                  X