new here and new to LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new here and new to LDR

Hello, gosh I am glad I found this site. I have been in a relationship with my fiancé for close to 4 years and we have a 10 month old son. On Oct 2 it all came crashing down when he was forced from canada to his home coutry of Botswana in Africa. It has been a crazy ride and dispite what everyone says we are determined to make this work, we could possibly be in his situation for several years. However its getting more difficult, I am feeling more needy and am not sure how he can meet those needs being so far away. People tell me I just need to mve on with my life but I cant, we have been fighting more in the last week or so, its just horrible. I look forward to meeting others and finding hope that his can be done.

Hi, welcome here

The situation sounds extra difficult since you have a child together. There are however several people with kids who make it work over the distance. Do you have the uppertunity to visit each other?
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

From the information you've provided, it sounds like it may be the suddenness of the situation that is causing the stress and recent fighting. That's a lot to take in.

You've only been apart a little over a month and it's going to take time to start getting used to the change. The key is to keep up positive communication, keep supporting each other emotionally and work together to get through this transition. After that you can start to focus more on what the future will bring, planning trips, etc. Right now, take it a day at a time.
      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I do hope to visit but it wont be often due to cost and i am a bit worried about the 2.5 days of flying with our son....and conditions in Africa for the baby.

I want it to work desperately and love him to the core. I just have no idea how to get my emotional needs met in this situation. Im pretty depressed and cry a lot, a bit lost.

Comment

Working...
        X