still so heartbroken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still so heartbroken

Its been 6 months since I have been apart from my ex. I have taken up extra activities, I now work two jobs, I go gym, made lots of new friends and am trying soooo hard even still I cant let go of my love. After all this time I still want her back even though it still hurts me that she left me for another guy. The moment im alone I find myself drowning in alcohol, sleep is so much of a problem as seeing uer face still in my dreams makes me awake to see no one beside me. I am going crazy missing her. Evrybody I talked to advised me to let her go and thats what am trying to do but why is it so hard, has anyone else on here had a problem with new relationships after horrible breakups? I cant seem to be with another woman. Maybe I am being a bit vague but I dont know what else to do

I think you stress too much about this. So you miss her, let yourself greif her. I kept seeing my ex in dreams for much longer than 6 months.

Stop doing so much. Be a little more by yourself. Try to be friends with the images of her "attacking" you. Don't think about meeting new women just now, that may cme later. Let grief be grief. Mourn the relationship.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Also, I suggest talking to others going through the same thing or something similar so that you have people who will understand. And I hope things get better for you

Comment

I went though a nasty breakup with my Ex in similar ways, and it took me 14months to emotionally finally heal and be ready to let my heart love again.

You have to go through the hurt of being dumped, the anger, and all the other feelings after that, but what you must reconcile in your head is that you are 'wasting' the emotional energy continuing to miss her that you can use for better purposes yourself. Once you accept that and just let it go, your healing process will nearly be over

Having a long standing 'difficult' relationship with alcohol I will say this, just stay clear of it until you sort your head out, it doesn't help in the slightest and it will hold you back from dealing with the issues - as it is a depressant.

I had a 'fling/rebound' with a girl that was going though the same as me, we both knew it was not the right time, and it ended with me hurting her quite badly by accident - so I would also say avoid trying to form another relationship until you are emotionally stable.
        Learn to comfortable and happy with yourself, and then you will be ready to find love again with some-one that deserves you and your emotion.

Comment

Originally posted by LovingAcrossTheAtlantic View Post
          Also, I suggest talking to others going through the same thing or something similar so that you have people who will understand. And I hope things get better for you
          I have been looking for people going through samebas me but unfortunatly I didnt find anyone that could relate to me, I have talked to friends and family n nw they keep avoiding me so no luck there

Comment

Originally posted by moksaud View Post
            I have been looking for people going through samebas me but unfortunatly I didnt find anyone that could relate to me, I have talked to friends and family n nw they keep avoiding me so no luck there
            There are people on here who are dealing with break-ups too; maybe PM someone and see if they want to swap stories.

Unfortunately, time is really the only true medicine. Do your best to stop thinking about her - I know it's easier said than done Hang in there.
            In all the world there is no heart for me like yours.
            In all the world there is no love for you like mine.
            -- Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
            X