This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a ring for in the future

I know that it's still early in my bf and mine's relationship,but we have known each other all through high school,and we were going out with each other our senior year,but he has a ring for me,and in the future he's going to be asking me to marry him,he wants to do it sometime next year he said,take me somewhere special for a week,and ask me then,he even texted me a pic of the ring,I like it a lot,I told him he doesn't have to rush or anything,so I just thought I would tell you all the good news.

Somehow I don't think you are 32.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

no I am 32

Comment

you met in high school and then you recently reconnected?
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Is it wise to get engaged to someone you were complaining about here, just last week, saying he was controlling?
          I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by TwoThree View Post
            Is it wise to get engaged to someone you were complaining about here, just last week, saying he was controlling?
            This. A lot of your posts actually throw me off because one day you'll be complaining about him, debating if you should break up with him, then another day it's something like this. It all seems extremely rushed to me since you guys just started dating in August, and while you might've dated in high school, and have known each other since then, you've both have changed. 3 months is not enough time to even thinking about getting married, and it's really weird that he already has a ring for you. Especially with how your relationship appears to be (judging from your posts). Even if he's not planning on proposing for a while, you can still change even more, so him showing you and telling you he has a ring is odd. What's more odd is that you were saying that he was controlling, and then bam! He tells you he has a ring for you, almost like he's giving you false hope that he'll marry you to keep you around.

I've been in that same boat before and one reason why I never left my ex. He kept it hanging over my head that he wanted to marry me (big lie, by the way). It was just a ploy for him to keep me with him and to take him back every time he messed up, among other things he did to me.

I don't mean to seem so judgy and critical, but this all just screams as a way for him to keep controlling you.
            Last edited by whatruckus; November 9, 2014, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X