Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else become insanely nervous when their SO is flying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone else become insanely nervous when their SO is flying?

Hello, all!!

My precious boyfriend just said goodbye to me on Skype as he was leaving to head to the airport! (eeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! ) He is flying for the second time from England (where he is from) to America (where I am from). It will be overnight this time and I will have the flight tracker on my computer as usual. However, I still am a nervous wreck for him to fly even though it's not his first time! My excitement for him to be here and the nervousness I'm feeling about him flying over the Atlantic is NOT a good mix! I'm jittery and pacing my bedroom, trying to calm myself down with Hallmark Christmas feel-good movies.

So, my question is, has anyone else experienced this? Is anyone experiencing this at the same time that I am right now? Stories? Advice? What has helped you to calm down and rationalize your fears in this situation, if you have found anything to be useful?

I don't know, I just needed to try and distract myself or something by starting this thread!! XD

xoxo

My fiance hasn't flown to me but I get like that when is on a coach from Amsterdam to England.

I usually try to distract myself by Skyping with my sister who lives far away, she keeps my mind calm as I do other things like watch TV, play games, read, write etc.

Your best bet is to just breathe calmly and not think the worse. He'll update you when he can, just like my SO does. It is really nervewracking having to wait over night and finding it difficult to keep still but make sure you do things that keep you calm. Have a soak in a bubble bath, curl up in bed/on the sofa and watch some movies (ideally with a family member so your brain doesn't have time to make you feel nervous) or go out and let your hair down to pass the time ^_^

Comment

I'm more nervous about the fact that I am going to be crammed in a plane for 12+ hours at a time. Twice... I'm going to be so restless. I like flying, but staying put for that long... It'll be difficult.
      ---------------
      Closed the distance: 14th January 2015

Comment

I closed the distance this July but when ever my now husband was flyin out to me I was so nervous. I to had the flight tracker and at one point it stopped working or rerouted , idk I forgot what it was but I was freaking out so bad and I couldn't calm my stomach. He was fine. But yes I 100% understand you

Comment

I'm more nervous about the shitty highway he has to drive on then the planes he takes

Comment

I'm more nervous as well about the trip to the airport and then in between arriving to the airport and actually getting on the plane, after that I'm usually just excited and impatient for him to land so I can see him or, if he is not flying here, at least to talk to him again.
            We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

I get nervous - but more because I know that he'll be here soon. Worst is, when I wait in the Airport. And when the board sais that the plain has landed, then it gets to the worst - last time, he was about last one out, and way after the crowd came out. I did start to think "Maybe he didn't board the plane", and got really nervous.
              But it's also not a very Long flight, so that's probably why I'm not all too nervous.
              happiness can be found in the darkest of places, if only you remember to turn on the light

Comment

I also worry the most about the trip to the airport, especially when I know the weather is being weird in Utah, but I generally get paranoid sometimes. I'm often nervous something could go wrong, and my brain is sadly very good at coming up with ridiculous scenarios for me to worry over. But I know it's irrational, and I do what I can not to focus on it. Watching good shows or doing some chores often helps distract me.

~
                It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                The hands of the many must join as one
                And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Working...
                X