LDR through internet in the news!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR through internet in the news!

Thought this article would interest the folks here... MY LDR sent it to me via an offline message that I just logged on to read.
    https://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20100131/Gonsoulin_love_100131/20100131?hub=Canada&s_name=

This made me seriously face palm. I mean, I'm all for the power of love and everything, but he could have at least been smart enough to try and cross in summer, or something! I'm glad he didn't go through all that for nothing though
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Wow, that's unreal.

She must feel like she can't ever split from him now!

"What?! I lost ALL my fingers for you!!!"
      In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
      Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
      Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
      My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Oh wow. That's all I can say.

It won't be easy for people around him to complain about their relationships, though:

"I crossed the border in the middle of the winter and lost all my fingers for my love - and you think your relationship is hard!?"

Comment

Wow... that guy is dumb for trying to make that trip in the winter. Let's hope things work out for them!

Comment

Wow, haha. Um, if I was going to do that I would totally have gone in the summer. At least now they have an... interesting... story to tell. XD

Comment

Even though you want to smack him for being so dumb about going in winter, it does show how strong the bonds of love are. Dont be so quick to judge. I am sure everyone has done at least one thing dumb because the loved someone. I know I have. Just not everyones story ends up with missing digits.

Comment

Originally posted by punkpain View Post
                Even though you want to smack him for being so dumb about going in winter, it does show how strong the bonds of love are. Dont be so quick to judge. I am sure everyone has done at least one thing dumb because the loved someone. I know I have. Just not everyones story ends up with missing digits.
                Hear, hear. Just last night I went outside in below freezing weather to write "I love you" in the snow and make a video. >.> And some of my fingers were mostly numb for an hour afterwards. So I guess I've done some stupid and potentially dangerous things too. XD

Comment

I'm not sure if this really puts LDRs in a good light. Mostly because this guy sounds insane. I'm not sure I'd feel flattered to be the woman in this story. That would totally creep me out and give me second thoughts about Frank if he went and did something so stupid-crazy like that. I wouldn't think he was mentally stable. It would actually scare me to have some guy do this for me.

There were definitely better alternatives for their first meeting than illegally crossing the border. If they wanted to see each other this bad she could have gone to him. How does having teenage kids a good enough reason to risk having him cross the border like this? I can understanding having very young children and not being able to go to him, but teenagers?

It just adds to the stereotype that people in LDRs are crazy.

Thanks for posting this article, it was definitely interesting and made me think!
                  Read my LDR story!
                  Facebook
                  Instagram

Comment

Wow, I just read that now.. Have to say, I don't know how I'd react if Andy did the same

Although that's a thing I don't ever have to worry about cause he's the most reasonable man on the planet lol. But I know what you mean Michelle, it definitely doesn't make us LDR-ers look sane and rational people

Comment

I know my SO would never do this, I think it would scare me if he did. >.> I agree with Michelle, it's interesting but if I had to pick one news article to give people about LDR, it wouldn't be this one. It was a fun read though of course. ^_^

Comment

Working...
                      X