The 1st Time He/She Said "I LOVE YOU"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 1st Time He/She Said "I LOVE YOU"?

My 1st time was the 1st time we met. Apparently he told his parents he loved me way before he told me. He held off telling me over the phone for weeks because he wanted it to be special. And when we met in person and he told me, it was unbelievable! I could not believe my ears. That was also when he asked me to be his girlfriend. Could not have asked for a better 1st i love you experience. How about you?
    Last edited by Guevanak81; November 10, 2014, 12:58 PM.
    sigpic

The first time my bf said those three words, we had been together for about 3-4 months. And it was really late there, and he was going to bed. His message read "Anyways hun Im going to bed, sleep well. I love you"

To which I told him I didnt think I could say it yet and he said "I didnt say it so you would say it back, I said it so you would know."

Comment

The first time he said them to me was a couple days after we had a deep conversation about depression and a fear we share. I was in a relationship back then.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by LovingAcrossTheAtlantic View Post
        To which I told him I didnt think I could say it yet and he said "I didnt say it so you would say it back, I said it so you would know."

That is beautiful! :-)
        sigpic

Comment

Nothing is better than the feeing of the first's.. The I love you.. The endless calls that's take hours ... The letters... The way you never want to be apart ... These are the times of your life.. Live it up... these are the times you will think of the most in life and wish you had back!

Comment

I finally grew a pair when we were txting in bed one night, and the L bomb almost slipped out of my tongue so many times. I remember saying something like "I can't hold it back any more, I'm sorry if this is too quick but I love you Caitlin."
            To which she replied "I've been wanting to say that for so long!!"
            It was a very special moment.
            ---------------
            Closed the distance: 14th January 2015

Comment

My boyfriend said it during a phone call, when he was drunk. Lol. We were about to hang up to go to bed, and he goes, "Okay, good night. I love you." And, I just went, "Good night." And, then he mumbled, "Okay, don't say it back. Bye." I was a little shocked because I wasn't sure if he was serious, because he was drunk, and I wasn't sure if he was mad that I didn't say it back. I texted him the next morning and at first, he pretended he didn't remember, until I pressed him further about it. Then he admitted that he said it partly because he was drunk and partly because he meant it. So, yeah. How romantic...? Lmao. It was less than two months after we started dating, and a little over two months after we had met.

Comment

He told me after 7 months. Bless him, he was so nervous. It was my 20th birthday and we were on Skype that evening. I was just about to leave to go out for dinner with some friends, when he said that he had to tell me one last thing. That was the best birthday present

Comment

It was after a couple of months. I don't remember exactly how it came up but he said "I feel it but I won't say it first. Just know if you get to that point, I'm already there". It took me about another month and when I finally told him on a phone call, he said it right back.
                  To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

He said I love you pretty soon, I think after a couple of weeks of us dating and then we had only spent a couple of days in person. I didn't think that much of it, especially not since I love you is a lot less stronger than the equvalent in Norwegian, and the Turkish word can also mean love/like and is pretty much used like the English Love. But what was really shocking was that he told me equally soon (and also my husband, if I remember it correctly) that he wanted to grow old with me. I can still reccall the chills that went down my spine... Like Oh, he is really serious about this. I thought I was going to cry. It was mostly a good feeling but I did consider the fact that he could be mad!
                    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

My bf and I had been talking non-stop for months before ily happened. We were texting and I don't remember what exactly we were talking about, something about us and he was rambling and it ended with "I love you". My reaction was "omg" and he immediately called me and said it about 10 more times. I told him I love him too. He told me later that he just came to the realization as he was texting his rambling message. lol

We weren't official before that. Now we count the first "I love you" as our anniversary date. What is funnier to me is that two or so months before that he told me that he doesn't fall in love. :P

Comment

It was before we were officially a couple, but after we had spent about 5 months talking and getting to know each other. He had very shyly confessed that he had feelings for me the night before, and I slept over it. The next day, I said "I got a lot to consider, still, but I know that I love you" and he said "I think I love you too" back. It was extremely awkward, but it got things started

~
                        It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                        A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                        The hands of the many must join as one
                        And together we'll cross the river

Comment

I think I've told this story before. But we had been dating about 5 months when he first said I love you, but since about the month before we had both been almost "accidentally" saying it to each other...we knew both of us felt it, and we both wanted to say it, but we each of us had just gotten out of long relationships prior to this one and we were hesitant. It was really late at night, and we were still closed distance, and we were having a really good conversation in his car, probably the first deep conversation we had had, and he said it first, and then I said it right back, and I could not be happier
                          started dating: 12/08/12
                          "i love you": 04/12/13
                          el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
                          montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
                          el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
                          montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
                          el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
                          el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
                          el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
                          san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
                          san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

Our first' I love you' came after we made love for the first time. He looked me in the eyes and said "I can say this with confidence now - I love you"

We communicated for 8 months before we met in person, but though we had really intense feelings for each other and spoke daily for hours, we didn't make our relationship official until that first meet.

I still remember that day/night so clearly. It was just magical
                            Met Online : July 2013
                            Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
                            2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
                            3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
                            Proposal : December 2014
                            Closed distance : February 2015
                            Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

It was about 4 days after we'd first seen each other IRL, he came to Stockholm and we hung out for three days, and he then came to my town to spend a day there. He first said those words right as he was getting on the train back to Stockholm to go to Italy (he was backpacking through Europe). It was heartbreaking. I said the same, we kissed, and he got on the train and disappeared in the distance without either of us ever knowing if we were to see each other again. Thankfully, he was able to come back 2 weeks later

Met online: February 2011
                              Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X