I kinda feel like I should move on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kinda feel like I should move on?

I won't waste much time for you guys and I guess I just need to vent.

So, I mentioned before I made a penpal in April. It seems like her and I have gotten close.

About a week ago I asked her if she thinks we're setting each other up, like a relationship. She said sometimes she does and if only I lived closer she would date me.

Now, I know she is busy, she has studies, a big volunteer project she's doing, and also work. She told me before that November she will be busy and I might not hear from her much and she felt guilty about it.

She messaged me a bit yesterday. Just earlier today I saw her in facebook and asked if she wasn't sleeping. It was 3 am by her and she said she couldn't sleep. After some chit chat I told her dont forget about me", She said "We'll see:P" So I told her "You could forget me then" and she said "If you say so". I was a little bothered by that and just told her to keep in touch.

I feel really silly about this, but I am getting the impression that she is just too busy. Her and I aren't serious or anything, but I would just like to have us get closer and talk more and get a better sense of our feelings we seem to have. This time of year is super slow for me so I have quite a bit of free time. I wanted to keep and going with it, but lately it makes me think it's not worth it. I mean, I have other penpals I did make that I talk to more than with her. Am I just expecting too much?

plus, the weather is really cold now too and it sucks!

Any positive encouragement I can get?

Thanks
    Last edited by 0897klpq; November 12, 2014, 10:57 PM.

I wish I had positive encouragement but no one is too busy if they want you in their life. My boyfriend is so busy, and has been the whole time I've known him, with grad school full time and working a full time job, but he cares for me enough we talk 4 times a day, even if it's just for 30 seconds. He makes the time because I am a priority in his life.

I'm not saying give up, but it's a two way street and if she's not participating, you don't want to get stuck in a once sided relationship.

Comment

I agree if you're important she'd be making a constant effort with you, regardless of how much she has going on.

Comment

That is really how I think... I would like us to talk everyday but I know it's hard to do sometimes. Last week I talked to her more, almost everyday.

Friday she started a new work project. She talked to me Tuesday shared a few messages. So I think I may be a little too needy.

Anyway, my plan for now will just be to not really do anything, maybe ignore her a bit. I do need time for myself as well and I don't think I will go out if my way to talk to her. Mayne in December when she finishes her new project I'll try and set a skype day.

The way I look at it is if someone wants to talk to you they will.
        Last edited by 0897klpq; November 14, 2014, 11:29 AM.

Comment

And just as I posted I get a "Hope you have a nice day <3" message

Yay!

Comment

I've been in a bit of unsuccessful relationships, both intimate or or just friendly, I've learned to live by one thing - I don't make time for those who don't make time for me. Putting forth effort where effort is not reciprocated just leaves me overthinking and sad. Her response to you saying she could forget about you just screams "I don't care." I know because i've given people this cold shoulder before xD. Sometimes school and other things just take priority and you can't focus on other things like relationships. But some people juggle life differently. I've been in relationships where our issues just became irrelevant until I had a moment to breathe because I was too busy with life (I had work, internship, and college classes too tend to). But I also think that there are ways to still make an SO feel special, a "hey, gunna be busy but i'm thinking about you and hope you have a good day" text takes no time to send at all.

So i'd say move on unless she acts like she doesn't want you to I suppose. Or, you can stick around and be supportive and understanding of her schedule and maybe she will come to appreciate that and try harder to let you know she is still interested.
            "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
            Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
            Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
            First Visit: December 7, 2017
            Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

Working...
            X