Cultural differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cultural differences

Which are y'all cultural differences between you and your SO?

Our ones are mostly food and how we approach to it.
    In Italy we are used to have lunch and dinner at a specific time, and we have sweet breakfast. He has savory breakfast or both sweet and savory, and he simply eats when he wants to, without specific times during the day.
    Few times during our trip I ate alone And when we had breakfast I looked at him like while he was eating eggs and cold cuts
    And he was pissed off when we didnt find something open at 15/15:30

I'm kiwi, she's American. It often makes for some hilarious misunderstandings and we laugh at each others' slang and stereotypes. It really does make things very interesting. I love it.
    She loves the way I say the word boat, and I just love her accent. She's so dreamy.
    ---------------
    Closed the distance: 14th January 2015

Comment

I am pretty sure he doesn't understand the Norwegian preoccupation with indoor upgrading and house buying and selling. Actually, for a Norwegian I kept my flat long without selling it until now! We have lots of tax incentives to buy property for personal use, it has been a government policy since WW2, and if someone above the age of 25 is not a home owner that is very strange.

I think it is interesting but also strange how like everyone does things together. The Turks are very network people. Wheras in Norway we glorify the loner who does things all by himself and is self reliant.

In general, I like Turkish food better than Norwegian. I like spicy food, and our food is very bland. I like our salty food though (salty liqurice, smoked salty meat, smoked salty salmon, some Christmas foods) and our fatty food, especially sour cream stuff (sour cream porridge, sour cream waffles, sour cream donuts). So far, he only likes our raindeer meat and maybe some dessert. He really has to come to my country to have a real taste!
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
      X