No announcement yet.

What do I do?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, that post meant a tone. Our relationship is not easy, I tried talking to my mom about the struggles I am going through with everything. She was a little pissed that I was going to have a secret relationship. She wanted me to talk to Brittaney's parents and "get permission to date" (she is a super conservative Christian). This is an impossibility, my mother said that I was not respecting the appropriate chain of command and that Brittaney was too young to make wise choices on her own. Thanks mom. So that did not really work so great, I have a counselor though and I have been talking to her about this. It helps to be able to talk to people and not fear judgment, between the counselor and this forum, I'll be able to get the support I need.

Comment

Originally posted by douglas2275 View Post
      She is in a very rural area so I do not know, I guess they also took all her money, her keys and everything else she owns so yeah she needs to try and escape.
      All the more reason to look up shelters she could get to. This is a situation beyond your or her control, and she is decidedly not safe. If you want, you can even phone up the shelters yourself and ask them how to proceed. As said, they are familiar with situations like these, and will likely know more. Also, definitely talk to your counselor as much as possible about this. You need support here almost as much as your partner does.

Best of luck, sincerely. Keep at it, and get all the help you can. Support for abuse victims exists, I hope you can enlist it.

~
      It'll take a lot more than words and guns
      A whole lot more than riches and muscle
      The hands of the many must join as one
      And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Thank you, She sent me an email saying that she had a plan and was going to fill me in on it today. She said we were going to actually be able to talk so she must have figured out a way escape. I will know more later today.

Comment

Working...
        X