Insecurity for no reason?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insecurity for no reason?

I've been worrying lately about how much I can trust my girlfriend. It's not her that's swayed my trust but more so my insecurities and what others have kept telling me. When I talk to my friends about my GF, they always joke about how she's banging some other guy. And even though it's a joke part of me worries that something like that could be happening despite the fact I know she'd never do such a thing. I Get upset at my friends for saying things like that, and show that to them and they say they were kidding but I know they wouldn't have brought it up if they weren't actually thinking it. We're both each others first relationships and neither of us would ever dream of cheating on the other, but this for some reason isn't enough reassurance for me. Does anyone know of any ways I can possibly deal with this? Anything would be appreciated.

Don't worry man not all the people I went to for help/support about my situation were willing to help, and told me the same thing, she's banging some other guy. Most of the time I got laughed at and called an idiot.

This is why you should stick to those who will give you positive support, not negative. Or stick to the forums here since everyone is on the same page.

As long as you trust her doesn't matter if anyone else can trust her. As you said, you know she wouldn't do such a thing. Nobody knows her the way you do.

All the best for you!

Comment

Try to find positive suppport.

"An entire sea can't sink a boat unless the water gets inside it, so why should negativity effect you until you let it in?".

Comment

Having friends who are willing to be honest with you and critize you when necessary is very good, but having friends who just make fun of you and what you have isn't. If there is no reason to distrust your girlfriend, then that's that, and nobody else gets to judge that. Sounds like your friends are pretty immature. Try talking to someone else about these matters.

~
        It'll take a lot more than words and guns
        A whole lot more than riches and muscle
        The hands of the many must join as one
        And together we'll cross the river

Comment

It is a really inapproproate joke that stirs up your fears. They are free to think what they want, but unless they can back it up with something it is of no use to you. Tell them to cut it out and get a better sense of humor.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
          X