Coming to an end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming to an end?

My SO and i have been dating for going on three years now. Recently these past few months she has started university and we have been fighting more and more. She's recently said that she's been pushed to the edge and doesn't know if she is going to be able to come back. She says that she still loves me and doesn't want to lose me, but she doesn't know what she wants and doesn't know if the relationship will last. We have Christmas planned and now she doesn't know about it.

I don't know what to do and I feel like my world is crashing down. Does anyone have any ideas or support to help get through this?
    sigpic
    A red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break.

First met online: September 2011
    Got together: 5th March 2012
    First met in person: 2nd July 2014
    Next time we will be together: Christmas 2014

Oh dear. I'm sorry to hear that.
    Starting University can be an exciting and stressfull time, you meet new People, sometimes you live on your own for the first time, which can be overstraining, you already worry if you gonna make it through and if the field you have chosen is right for you, right after you started. In those time, sometimes you get to the point where you aren't sure of anything anymore. Also for a lot of People, christmastime only adds to the stress (it usually does for me, as it gets colder and darker, my mood starts to do the same in the first few weeks)
    Chances are, that she'll adjust to her new life at uni, and realise that she went through a rough patch, but doesn't necessarily want to change things between you.
    Maybe she Needs a few days to herself, maybe she Needs a weekend to just relax, or maybe she Needs to dig herself deeper into the ususla universityworkload to cope at the moment.
    And I don't know how it turns out for you guys, but I hope for you that she'll come around.
    Don't give up yet!
    happiness can be found in the darkest of places, if only you remember to turn on the light

Comment

I think it is time to talk less about destiny and more about choice. Life is all about choices. Universitety can be hard, but a lot of people keep their relationship throughout their studies. It is really about her love and commitment.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by Nymeria View Post
        Oh dear. I'm sorry to hear that.
        Starting University can be an exciting and stressfull time, you meet new People, sometimes you live on your own for the first time, which can be overstraining, you already worry if you gonna make it through and if the field you have chosen is right for you, right after you started. In those time, sometimes you get to the point where you aren't sure of anything anymore.
        I definitely agree with this! I just started college/university this fall and the beginning was a HUGE sudden change that I really wasn't prepared for at all. I was, and still am, constantly stressing about school work and looking for a job, but also trying to manage a long distance relationship that requires more attention than a "normal" relationship. There were days where I just laid in bed and cried for hours because I was so unsure about everything happening and going on, it's a pretty stressful time. I think the best thing you can do is just support her when she needs it. If she says she still loves you, then that's all you need. Give her time, let her have some space, make sure you support and encourage her. Ask what she needs you to do. It was a very stressful time for me and I wouldn't have made it without the constant support of my family/friends and especially my boyfriend.

good luck and wish you two the best!

Comment

Working...
        X