cold during the flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cold during the flight

I am going to my husband tomorow. We are closing the distance. And i got a cold and temperature. Anyone handled same situation? I am very afraid of flying 8 hours in that condition i am now

I was very sick for the entire month of June, and during that time I had to take two 4-hour flights. I know the woes. Flying while really sick is doable, but it really does suck. I suggest bringing medication with you (in its packaging, just in case you get stopped for it), and preferably something that will help you sleep the entire flight. Don't push yourself, and make sure you stay hydrated. Make sure you have plenty of tissues and cough drops if necessary.

Congratulations on closing the distance, and I hope you feel better soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
      I was very sick for the entire month of June, and during that time I had to take two 4-hour flights. I know the woes. Flying while really sick is doable, but it really does suck. I suggest bringing medication with you (in its packaging, just in case you get stopped for it), and preferably something that will help you sleep the entire flight. Don't push yourself, and make sure you stay hydrated. Make sure you have plenty of tissues and cough drops if necessary.

Congratulations on closing the distance, and I hope you feel better soon!
      Thank you so much! I will do your suggestions!

Comment

I flew all fall with the flu and cold, 2 4-hour fights in a week. Travelling while sick can make you very tired, but at least there is a happy ending! The flight air is very dry, so it might worsen your symptoms. If you don't use it already, bring salt water/saline solution spray and sesam oil drops. This will open your nose and keep it moist. Bring painkillers in case the air preassure gives you ear or head pain. Take good time for your tasks as you may be tired. Bring fun stuff to read /do to keep your spirit up, and eat /drink a lot to keep your strenght. I am a bit opposed to using sleep meds /heavy pain killers on long flights, as you risk getting drousy for the time after when you need your head to be clear with luggage, custums etc. just take enough meds to keep you sane during the flight... best wishes for the trip!
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I flew from Central America to Europe feeling like shit. I slept in the airports (bring blanket), I took an anxiety pill to sleep and bring a scarf to put over your mouth/nose since the dry airplane air is hard to breathe for a long time.

Comment

I've been on one 14-hour flight with a stomach flu and one with the worst cold of my life. It's doable, as someone stated before, but it really does suck. For the cold, I suggest bringing a bunch of cough drops, tissues, nasal sprays (as sinuses and ears can become really blocked while ascending and descending), and maybe a chapstick for the same reason. If your nose gets really blocked you might end up breathing through your mouth, and since the air is so dry you'll end up with lips made of paper And keep drinking water to stay hydrated like Harlequin suggested If you can sleep, that will make it a whole lot easier too!

Good luck

Met online: February 2011
            Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

Definitely agree with the chapstick. I didn't have one on my last flight here and my lips were so dry and cracked, they hurt for days!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
              First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
              Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
              Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
              Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
              Married: 1/24/2015
              Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Thank you all for advices! I have at last packed! I will try and do everything you adviced me.

Comment

Working...
                X