Just booked an unexpected trip :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just booked an unexpected trip :)

I'm so excited! I was chatting with my boy tonight on GTalk, like usual. I was skimming through my email and got a message from my https://www.airfarewatchdog.com/ alert, I opened it up and saw the cheapest airfare I've ever seen to Helsinki! I told my guy and in checking it, it was 65% less than I paid for my June/July trip, but you had some booking restrictions regarding dates. He told me that if I can get the price, just book it, and even if he can't get off, come anyway. So, I sent him to bed and did some research and yeah, this was by FAR the cheapest flight available anywhere, so I booked my unexpected, early tickets, YAY!! I have to leave Thanksgiving night, from NYC, for the rate, but that's OK, we'll have 10 unplanned days together

I highly recommend airfare watchdog (if you live in the US), it lets you set alerts from your destination to theirs, and when a very low fare is posted, it emails you. You can have more than one alert setup if, like me, you have more than one airport you can take.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

I've never heard of this site before! I just signed up for email notifications
    But that is GREAT news!!!! You are going to have such a fun trip!

Comment

That is so awesome! Unplanned trips are definitely the sweetest

I am actually signed up for that site and get email alerts because Frank and I are keeping an eye out for cheap tickets to South Dakota to visit a friend. I've recommended it before - it is a great site for those in LDRs
      Read my LDR story!
      Facebook
      Instagram

Comment

Wow! That's amazing! Thanks for sharing that website and congrats on snagging such an awesome deal! What a nice surprise for both of you

Comment

What a pleasant surprise!!!! I am happy for you!
          NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Gosh I wish we had something like that for NZ! I want to go to America or Europe really badly!

Comment

wow that's amazing

Comment

That's fantabulous news! Make sure you bring loads of clothes with you, it's gonna be cold in here!

Comment

ohh im so happy for you!!! I wish that site existed for europe!!
                  Youre gonna have such a fun time

Comment

so awesome!! im not from the states but i will check it out for my SO
                    may I ask how much you paid?

Comment

Oh that is so lovely! Trips like that are the best - such a rush!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Originally posted by Tanja View Post
                        That's fantabulous news! Make sure you bring loads of clothes with you, it's gonna be cold in here!
                        Hahaha! I know, I was there last December/January, in both Helsinki and Lapland. I didn't know that kinda cold was even possible! I'm not gonna say anything else, or we'll need to move this to the Adults section

Originally posted by noodle View Post
                        so awesome!! im not from the states but i will check it out for my SO
                        may I ask how much you paid?
                        I paid about $480 total. Last December it was around $850 and in June, almost $1100!! It's an awesome tool, but you've got to be able to be very flexible with your travel time in order to take advantage of the best prices.

Thanks everybody, I'm so excited to go back again so soon!
                        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Unexpected trips are the best - my man will be here in 16 days and we thought we wouldn't see each other for 2,5 months!

Comment

Wow, congrats on the great deal!
                            Have a good time! =]

Comment

What a wonderful surprise, how exciting

Comment

Working...
                              X