No announcement yet.

The Benefits of a LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I was out of a 5 year realtionship with my ex and still living with him when I met Kyle. So I am not used to shaving my legs at all. I hate shaving my legs with a passion. My ex didnt mind that I never shaved. He found it a treat when I finally got around to doing it and surprised him. Kyle has been spoiled everytime we have been around each other. So now I am all thinking about it. Hopefully he will be like my ex and not care. Because if not well then he may have to convince me to let him do it or something. Its still blowing my mind that him and I are going to be together in a little over 4 months. I feel like there are a ton of things I need to get done, but im floundering as to what they all are.

Comment

Haha... i actually had this convo with Toby one day before my departure ... i was like 'oh, there is a good thing in me going home. i won't have to shave my legs every day'... and then he said : well, it doesnt really worry me... you don't wanna do it, then dont. But i sort of feel obligated still. I mean... I cant seem to feel the pleasure when touching my own hairy legs (only do that when i get dressed in winter.. because i dont shave, but i have to put tights on!), so its definitely nothing nice for someone else to touch it.
      I don't usually dress up around him, and neither does he ... unless we're going out . He hates it when i put my make up on, his weird logic makes him think that if i do, its for other guys to like, because i know he adores me anyway? It's great to be able to walk around in your worst and feel okay with it! or spend all day in pjs without him complaining ... although i know he likes it when i make myself beautiful just for him

Another thing that Toby thought me was that LD allows us to learn how to live apart... and if we learn how to do that, yet we still want to live together, well - thats when you succeed!

Apart from MAJOR trust issues we have, and problems communicating (one of us in australian, one is european - its like fire & ice when it comes to solving problems and talking) .... i happen to think that LDR is the best thing for us right now, when we can sort out our lives on our own, keeping our independency... and achieve things on our own before creating a family. if we were CD permanently, i'd probably think that we met too early ....

Comment

Originally posted by MadMolly View Post
        I've just remembered something I've been planning to do for aaages, but thought I always had the time coz "it'll be ages til the distance ends"... I've wanted to get a "special" piercing *wink* but as there is a week or so healing time of no-touching, it would be perfect to get while in a LDR and then surprise him... I had better do it soon then!
        Oh my, you're quite brave! I don't think I could ever ever get that pierced... good luck to you though! Hope it's as enjoyable as you're expecting it to be.

Comment

I'm getting one that's relatively painless, but it's actually getting my knickers off in front of the piercer that scares me!! xD

Comment

LOL!

Comment

The shaving thing isn't a bother for me, physically, there isn't really any benefits for me as I'm totally comfortable Alex seeing me however awful I look because he see's me through eyes totally blinded by love XD! Really I like being in a LDR because
              1- communication is so key. you really learn how to talk to eachother
              2- you truly appriciate the moments you have together
              3- you learn SO much about each other
              4- you fall in love for eachothers personalities
              5- you don't have any peer pressure on the relationship
              6- you can plan everything you want to do!

Comment

I agree!!! But I do get all nice and pretty when we have a webcame date hahahaha
                Enamorada de ti!!

Comment

I never let my legs get hairy...but I can usually go several days without that happening so it's not a big deal. However, I do appreciate that I can go to class without showering and having to worry about looking my best! I know that sounds bad, but sometimes I have so much school work that i choose sleep over a shower. It's not a problem now, but when Jared and I first started talking, I would be working on art projects non-stop, one time from 6pm until 2:30 pm the next day. Then I had class until 9:30pm. Before that day, I hadn't showered in like three days because I had been so busy >.< I like being able to go to class and not worry about trying to impress anyone. If Jared went to my school, I would feel pressured to look a lot better than I normally do XD

Comment

Originally posted by polkapiggy View Post
                    The shaving thing isn't a bother for me, physically, there isn't really any benefits for me as I'm totally comfortable Alex seeing me however awful I look because he see's me through eyes totally blinded by love XD! Really I like being in a LDR because

That's a great list, they're all so true

Especially the communicating and personaities bit. I can talk to Tanja about anything at all, and I mean anything, and meeting her online and spending SOOOOO many hours chatting as we have just makes it so easy. And I think it slips effortlessly into when you're together for real too, or at least it did for me. I used to be pretty shy, and I still think I am a little, but I'm a lot more confident in myself than I used to be. Being with her has definitely changed me for the better in that way.
                    In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                    Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                    Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                    My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Lol, my fiancee afaik totally does no leg shaving unless I'm around. :P And she also perfumes up when I had arrived, and when we were going out. But I actually like her natural smell... If that's weird or something lol. :P Maybe he'll be the same? Who knows! :O I can't relate to the whole dressing nice thing though, when I was there we would dress up if we went out for a date night, but otherwise, we'd wear like, bath robes around the house lol.

She totally had the mentality at first though that she couldn't eat period in front of me lol. But I broke her out of this a lil bit. :P
                      Last edited by Rane; February 6, 2010, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rane View Post
                        Lol, my fiancee afaik totally does no leg shaving unless I'm around. :P And she also perfumes up when I had arrived, and when we were going out. But I actually like her natural smell... If that's weird or something lol. :P Maybe he'll be the same? Who knows! :O I can't relate to the whole dressing nice thing though, when I was there we would dress up if we went out for a date night, but otherwise, we'd wear like, bath robes around the house lol.

She totally had the mentality at first though that she couldn't eat period in front of me lol. But I broke her out of this a lil bit. :P
                        wtf? i don't keep it up as regularly as when you're here no, but i don't abandon it completely either. o.O

and damn, you know why i didn't eat too. what a mean post.
                        Last edited by garnet; February 6, 2010, 02:50 PM.

Comment

And she also perfumes up when I had arrived, and when we were going out. But I actually like her natural smell... If that's weird or something lol. :P
                          You're certainly not the only one - I love the way Jesse smells. He always thinks I'm a weirdo when I start sniffing him, but I think that's only because he doesn't have the sense of smell so he doesn't know what it's like.

When I first read that, I thought you said she can't eat her period in front of you.. as in menstrual period.

Comment

Working...
                          X