No announcement yet.

How old is too old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In short, I agree with dizzyupthemeg 100%. Also, 40/2+7=27. 22<27. So, yes, too old.

Comment

Originally posted by JC2122 View Post
      I'm trying to find out what people think should be a cutoff in age difference between couples? I am 22 and my SO is 40. I like older men, but socially what do you think is an acceptable range.
      I think most people have a personal preference about age range when dating, but some of them find a partner outside of it as well. If you have a big age difference you might face some criticism or social stigma, but ultimately it is not about what people think. My question to you would be why do you say that you "like older men"? Do you like them because they are older, or because of the people they are? It is the same question that I asked when a guy told me "I only date younger women."

Comment

I think it has a lot to do with your own age, and where you are in your life right now. Everyone has a different way of 'growing up' and no one is exactly behaving/being the age they are according to the calendar. So I really think it depends on the mental age from you and your SO, but 22 and 40 doesn't have to be a problem at all

Comment

I also think this is a thing that each person should decide to their own... I never had a guy that was more than 2 years older than me. Usually I am more into guys that are younger than me. My ex was almost 3 years younger and my SO is 1 year and 8 months younger. But this is because I don't even feel like I'm almost 24. Most people guess I'm 19 or 20. When I was a teenager I was way later with everything than all the other girls. So I guess my mental age is actually a bit younger than my real one.

In general I don't judge people if they are in a relationship with a huge age gap. It's everyone's own decision. It's just that it wouldn't work out for me I think.

Comment

Far be it from me to try and restrict anyone beyond the requirement of the law, but here's my rule: If one person was already sexually active when the other person was born, then I might get slightly grossed out. But hey, that shouldn't matter to anyone but me.
            Last edited by TwoThree; December 15, 2014, 04:05 PM.
            I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Yea, I really think it's personal preference and how you two get along. Sure, I might get skeeved if the guy is old enough to be my dad, but to each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoThree View Post
                Far be it from me to try and restrict anyone beyond the requirement of the law, but here's my rule: If one person was already sexually active when the other person was born, then I might get slightly grossed out. But hey, that shouldn't matter to anyone but me.
                LOL - This! I guess that kind of goes with me personally not dating anyone who could have fathered me - and let's face it, kids become parents at 15, 16 sometimes now.

I have had younger men ask me out when I was single. I did a couple of times. My rule for that - if you are closer to my daughters age than you are mine, that's a definite no.
                To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Working...
                X