Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future wife?! What is he thinking?

Hello Again,
    I want to just write out a conversation word by word me and my SO had yesterday, It got me to thinking....I want to see if I am being the typical girl and way over-thinking but idk we will see what you guys think. Here goes:

Caution: This is long, but could be entertaining

(After sending him a screen snapshot of one of the comments on my other thread about how old is too old: I told him some of the comments were a bit creepy)
    SO: Why is that creepy?
    Me: Isn't it, I asked the community how old is too old. You were 18 when I was born. And you were probably sexually active too.
    SO: I don't think there is too old. If you are old enough to make an educated decision then you're good to go
    Me: Well I was just curious what I would get
    SO: Ah
    Me: And I don't care I love that you are older
    SO: I know
    Me: As long as you can handle someone so young and inexperienced
    So: I can
    Me: Cool beans
    Me: I have literally never said that before in my life
    So: Are you sure
    Me: Yes I don't know where that came from
    So: lol. It's cute
    Me: I love you
    So: I love you too
    Me: What are your goals
    So: I've kinda got my goals already
    Me: You've met them?
    So: For the most part. I work for myself. Have a place I like. Have a decent car. No debt
    Me: well good job
    So: What more could a person want?
    Me: A relationship? A family?
    So: Well people aren't goals
    Me: lol they aren't
    I have tons of goals
    So: I know you do
    Me: you didn't ask about them
    So: We've talked about them already
    Me: Ah ok
    So: mhmmm
    Me; you are quite today
    So: Not really
    Me: A lil bit
    So: We talk all day long. You do realize that don't you
    Me: Kinda off and on
    So: but thats still a lot
    Me: Not really today though
    So: I text you more in a day then I do most people in a month
    Me: Wow, I guess that is alot, thanks for putting out the effort
    So: You're welcome
    Me: Well you by far are the person I talk to the most
    SO: Then why complain lol
    Me: I don't know, I want to spend time with you, this isn't ever enough
    So: I know
    Me: Do you feel the same way?
    So: I dunno
    Me: That's a no
    So: That's not a no
    Me: You know what you told me the first couple weeks?
    SO: Whats that
    Me: That you would never do a long distance thing again
    So: Hmm, well your moving back. so
    Me: Maybe I'm torn
    So: I know
    Me: you really pay attention
    SO: Yes, I do
    Favorite Part:
    Me Would you kiss me if I had a cold sore on my lip?
    So: Sure
    Me: Lol thats funny
    SO: Why
    ME: It's a bit gross
    So: It's love. You worry too much about gross

Me: Do I?
    SO: Yes you do
    []Me: It's a real issue in my head, worrying about being gross out by being with a man
    SO: Oh
    There's always women
    ME: EEeew gross no way!
    What would I do with a woman?
    SO: Marry her?
    Me: Ewww, you marry a man then
    SO: Well I thought you wanted to marry me. But ok
    Me: Lol

Good night

He hasn't talked to me only maybe for 30 mins early this morning. Did I hurt his feelings? Is he interested in marriage? Does he sound like he loves and cares about me?

Oh and this. He said earlier this morning "You're killing me with the semantics" What does that even mean?
    Thanks for reading till the end

He's thinking that ...you think too much!

If this is a typical convo then hmm...I'd be bored to death with all those one word/one line responses and adding nothing to carry the conversation...to each his own I guess.
    Last edited by Petals; December 16, 2014, 09:02 PM.
    Met Online : July 2013
    Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
    2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
    3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
    Proposal : December 2014
    Closed distance : February 2015
    Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Are you sure you are 22? I think most people I know at the age of 22 wouldn't respond to the concept of marrying someone of the same sex with an "EEeew gross."

I'm willing to bet he hasn't thought twice about this conversation.

Comment

Just because he said he thought you wanted to marry him, doesn't mean he's thinking about marrying you. It could be just something that he knows you think about. In my opinion, I think you over think everything this guy says wayyy too much. You constantly complain about him, and we've all told you that this guy is more than likely just messing with you. Plus, haven't you only been dating for a couple months? Definitely way too early to be talking about marriage, especially with everything that you've told us about him and your relationship with him. His responses, judging from your other posts, to your questions honestly seem like he kind of just doesn't care and is just giving you half-assed answers that keep you wondering and guessing because he likes you hanging on his every word. Either that, or he's just not serious at all about anything he says. Saying things like, "I guess" or "Maybe" or "I suppose", as well as the short responses, really gives off that impression to me. Like he's just "eh" about everything. I guess in a sense, it works in his favor, because it keeps you coming back and hoping for more.

Take it from someone who's had experience with this, I highly doubt he's serious about this relationship and you and the things he says. You also tend to make lots of excuses for him and try to rationalize his behavior, when it's pretty straightforward that he's just "meh" about the relationship and you. Like he's only saying things just to keep you around.

I've said it before on your other posts, and I'll say it again, I really don't think this guy cares about you as much as you care about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Petals View Post
          He's thinking that ...you think too much!

If this is a typical convo then hmm...I'd be bored to death with all those one word/one line responses and adding nothing to carry the conversation...to each his own I guess.
          LMAO I had the same thought as I was reading the whole thing xD

Comment

Originally posted by JC2122 View Post

Oh and this. He said earlier this morning "You're killing me with the semantics" What does that even mean?
            Thanks for reading till the end
            It means that you keep asking for meaning (which is literally what semantics means) and he probably just wants to have a conversation where you're not trying to assign a deeper/hidden meaning to everything he says.
            So, here you are
            too foreign for home
            too foreign for here.
            Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Agree with the above - look up the definition of semantics; the way a phrase is written can vary the meaning (semantics) hugely.... very simple one is the three word phrase "eats shoots leaves" pending on where the commas are and the context of the sentence will alter the meaning of the three words hugely.

Anyhoo - if that is your average conversations they are pretty 'shallow' reading, they are the sort I get with my GF when she is upset and doesn't feel like talking to me or any-one, but who am I to judge....

I'll be honest reading that conversation through again, makes me see just how large the maturity gap is between you, he appears to be answering your comments with a slightly condescending tone; not being rude about it but, just a *sigh* you are young and naive kinda way.....

Comment

I have to say, when I read this I also get the feeling as if you try to keep the conversation going at any price, but he seems ready to either stop or change subjects to something less personal.
                If I start to get oneworders as an answer, we usually stop our conversations for a while. We do talk every day as well, but sometimes it's no more than a brief "How was your day" or "goodnight" - conversation.

As I understand his "we do talk alot" and everything after that, the way I'd read that if it was my conversation I would take it as "he's not in the mood to talk today/right now".
                Conversations don't have to be all day and every day, they don't always have to be deep (semantics). Sometimes a good morning and goodnight message is enough. Also I have made the experience that young people are loads more into constant messaging. What I mean is that I know loads of people in their 30ies/40ies that don't spill long stories via text. But that's my experience

Even if you'd live with your SO, sometimes conversations are Brief and short and not so deep.
                happiness can be found in the darkest of places, if only you remember to turn on the light

Comment

And this is when the age gap is so obvious. That conversation was silly and you posting about it even more so.

Comment

Do you guys have fun and laugh when you talk? Do you Skype?
                    Or is your whole relationship based on IM?
                    Does he ever initiate? Ask how you've been? What your plans are for the weekend?
                    Aks you follow up questions to things you've told him?

If a guy is into you he is interested about you and your life and it shows.
                    In small things like "I watched a movie last night which I thought you would enjoy...it's called...".
                    When you complain about a problem you have he will try and make suggestions how to solve it.
                    If you had an exam he would ask you how it went.
                    He will Skype/call you as soon as he has time to talk to you. He will want to hear your thoughts, your voice.
                    He will want to make you laugh and make you happy.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                      And this is when the age gap is so obvious. That conversation was silly and you posting about it even more so.
                      I agree with Lucybelle. And sending him screenshots of the comments people make on the threads you post here is even sillier and quite embarrassing to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by p_b82 View Post
                        Anyhoo - if that is your average conversations they are pretty 'shallow' reading, they are the sort I get with my GF when she is upset and doesn't feel like talking to me or any-one, but who am I to judge....

I'll be honest reading that conversation through again, makes me see just how large the maturity gap is between you, he appears to be answering your comments with a slightly condescending tone; not being rude about it but, just a *sigh* you are young and naive kinda way.....
                        I agree with this 100%. You do not seem to be mature for your age which lead to the questions - why are you you dating someone so much older? why is he even pretending to be in a relationship with you? These are honest questions from an outsider based on info you have posted. Sorry I couldn't be more positive.
                        Met Online : July 2013
                        Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
                        2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
                        3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
                        Proposal : December 2014
                        Closed distance : February 2015
                        Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

I show my man comments on threads sometimes, because I think they might be interesting to him or sometimes it's about something we had a conversation about and it shows a new point of view.

From his responses, I wouldn't say he is not interested, I would say he seems tired of all the questions. We here, as a community, are planting seeds into her head how her boyfriend has to be, because to us he seems not interested, too old or simply not serious, so she tries to see if he is this certain way. Asking him all those questions that they have already talked about proves it. She is unsure if he is the right one, because he is not the way we tell her he has to be.

I have had days with my man where our conversations were about the same. I get excited easily and then I ask a million questions and he is more mellow, so to not ignore me and make sure that I get the attention I am obviously seeking, he will give short one liners and honestly, there is nothing wrong with this.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                          First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                          Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                          Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                          Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                          Married: 1/24/2015
                          Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
                            I show my man comments on threads sometimes, because I think they might be interesting to him or sometimes it's about something we had a conversation about and it shows a new point of view.

From his responses, I wouldn't say he is not interested, I would say he seems tired of all the questions. We here, as a community, are planting seeds into her head how her boyfriend has to be, because to us he seems not interested, too old or simply not serious, so she tries to see if he is this certain way. Asking him all those questions that they have already talked about proves it. She is unsure if he is the right one, because he is not the way we tell her he has to be.

I have had days with my man where our conversations were about the same. I get excited easily and then I ask a million questions and he is more mellow, so to not ignore me and make sure that I get the attention I am obviously seeking, he will give short one liners and honestly, there is nothing wrong with this.
                            Thank you very much

Comment

I don't neccesarily agree that he seems uninterested. Seems like a normal guy to me. You won't find my guy give big elaborations about emotional questions.

BTW: He is not asking you to marry him just because he said something loosely about marriage. He is just tossing something on the table to see how the both of you feel about it.
                              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
                              X