Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traveling - missing SO more?

Merry Xmas dudes!

So I am with my family in Australia for the holidays until Jan 3rd. I had the ticket way before I started dating my SO, otherwise i would have gone back earlier and been with him for part of my trip, instead of being home for so long.

ANYWAY so normally I live in NY and he is in CA. Of course I miss him a lot when I'm in NY, but for some reason, I miss him so much more being in Australia. So much so that it's unsettling me. The time difference means that I can't talk to him before bed anymore and we are definitely talking to each other less because of it (though we still get to talk every day). Even so, I miss him waaaaaay more than I usually do. To the point that it's seriously affecting my mood.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Also this will be my last trip home without him, so I won't be so sad next time
    I'll be seeing you again.

I've never really experienced that time difference issue but I know what you mean by not being able to talk as often as usual and I HATE IT. It can be difficult not to get a bit depressed about it but try not to let it get you too down, you'll be back in NY before you know it and back to normal. If anything, this could bring you two closer emotionally! Absence makes the heart grow fonder and you both might be more appreciative of the time you do get to speak now. Try to flip it around and think "hmm only this many days till I get to see him again" or think about how happy you'll be when you get to speak with him regularly. Positive thoughts not negative - Chin up hun!
    "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
    Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
    Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
    First Visit: December 7, 2017
    Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

I have felt some of this when he was visiting his family a couple of times in the beginning of our relationship. I was uncomfortable about him riding the bus, and envious about them getting to spend quality time with SO. We had no time difference, but his big family coming for evening visits made it hard to stay in touch like we were used to. It is great that your SO will come with you next time! :-D
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
      X