Need a word of advice, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a word of advice, please.

First, I'd like to post a link to an early thread that explains my current position:

https://members.lovingfromadistance....shment-however

Basically, James (my ex and very close friend who is dying from cancer) has not spoken to me in almost 2 weeks. I wouldn't panic, but this is depressing me because I don't have any other way of contacting him other than on Skype, nor do I have any of his relatives or friends that I can contact to make sure he's ok. What should I do? The silence is driving me insane.

Unfortunately, there isn't a lot you can do but wait to hear from him. I know that you are very concerned. Positive thoughts. I hope you hear something soon.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Why don't you have any other means of contact than Skype? That sounds very odd if he is your ex. You could try to find other means of contact through his name. If that doesn't work out, sadly I think you'll just have to see if he comes around to contact you. If he is dying of cancer, he might be too weak to initiate contact.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
        Why don't you have any other means of contact than Skype? That sounds very odd if he is your ex. You could try to find other means of contact through his name. If that doesn't work out, sadly I think you'll just have to see if he comes around to contact you. If he is dying of cancer, he might be too weak to initiate contact.
        We never had any other means due to his extremely minimal income. He has a phone, though not a smartphone or one with the capability of sending and receiving calls from abroad. How might someone from the UK be able to search a name of a person from the town of Muskegon, MI? I have no clue where to start

Comment

Though I don't know that much about US phones, it sounds odd that he shouldn't be able to receive texts or calls from abroad. MY SO in Turkey has to pay extra to text or call internationally himself, but I can always contact HIM.

I suppose there are phone books in the US, perhaps even online ones. If your ex has an uncommon name it might be worth a try.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

If he only has a cell phone, it will be very hard to find the number. Most people's cell phones aren't listed like land lines are. You can Google search him and use the advanced search to help narrow it down.
            To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

What about Facebook? If you know his name, where he lives and what he looks like, you can find like anyone
              "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

if you know his mobile number, then use google hangouts, you can call it directly for free (any US number in fact that does not charge additional rates than normal).

if you are using the smartphone app, you need to download the separate dialler app to get that functionality rather than the web page where it is built in...

It will use data on your end, but put through a call via VOIP from an 'unknown' number though

Comment

Working...
                X