how did you confess to your SO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how did you confess to your SO

So I was wondering how everyone confessed their feelings to their SO. I can understand that some people might have met face to face so that is easier, but what about people who have met online? I always felt that face to face would be great but it's not really possible when the distance is so far.

How did you tell your SO your feelings. Were you scared? What went through your mind?

I really want to know.

-regards
    Joe

After about two months of emailing, IM'ng and texting and also our first phone conversation. It was a Saturday and we had spoken on the phone for the first time the evening before (it was a long conversation). We were texting and I felt really really all over the place (in a positive way) I mean I couldn't stop thinking about him and felt my heart bouncing etc. Smiling like a loon. So I texted him saying I think I have a crush on him and he replied back that he is rather smitten as well.
    That's two years and nearly 5 months ago

Comment

After just one week of chatting on FB, he said I was kind of like the dream-girlfriend he wanted to have. xD Although, let's be honest, I think our first FB conversation lasted something like six hours. They weren't short conversations. We'd been talking almost constantly for about a week. Anyway, I had pretty much been thinking the same thing about him, and so told him. Then there was that big awkward silence, you know... Then our conversation continued as normal. It wasn't until about three weeks later, with much flirting and during a game of truth-or-dare (where I found it apparently easy to talk to him about all these complicated questions he kept asking me) he asked of my opinion on long distance relationships. I said something like with they can be hard, but with the right kind of people and a lot of effort, they can work and be really good. Knowing what he wanted me to ask next, I refused to be the one to ask it, and so I asked instead if there was anything you could say to me right now what would it be? xD And that's when he asked me to be his girlfriend. It was nice, it was silly, it was cute, and really, all the pressure was gone, because I think we both knew the other would say yes after so many inner thoughts and truths revealed, and of course, the flirting xD I told him I loved him and we haven't stopped loving each other since

"My arms will be your prison" - My Boyfriend [♥] Our LDR Blog!

Started Talking - October 2012
      Started Dating - 08.11.12
      First Meeting - 08.12.13 - 39 days together
      Second Meeting - 16.12.15 - 31 days together

Rosetta Stone Progress
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      22 / 60

Comment

After he confessed to me, we had a long, very emotional talk. I was still in a, very unhappy, relationship at the time and had fallen for him, but my ex had told me multiple times that he'd kill himself if we ever broke up, so I had to stay with him. The talk started with him saying he was not a puppet and that I could not have the best of both worlds, I would have to decide what I want and if I can't be with him, he will disappear from my life forever. At first I said to him that he should do that, because there was no way in my mind I could leave my boyfriend, but after a little while I got really mad at him. How dare he throw away what we have just like that, how dare he leave me when I clearly needed him and then he said that if I want him to stay, I have to say it.

Him: If you don't want me to leave, you have to say it.
        Me: I don't want you to leave.
        Him: You can't say it, can you?
        Me: If I say I love you as a friend, will you stay?
        Him: yes
        Me: I love you as a friend

He knew I loved him more than a friend :P

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
        Married: 1/24/2015
        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

How did you manage to leave, Snow?

I know it was really hard (I had been thinking about it for years, but coz I had kids etc it was the hardest thing to do), and half a year later I met my SO

Comment

Originally posted by Ahava View Post
            How did you manage to leave, Snow?

I know it was really hard (I had been thinking about it for years, but coz I had kids etc it was the hardest thing to do), and half a year later I met my SO
            To be honest, I think knowing I have this person who will support me through anything gave me the courage to face my ex and tell him that we are not happy and haven't been for a while. We talked for a couple hours straight and finally decided it'd be best if we went separate ways. He didn't even bring up suicide anymore, he knew I was done and it would not keep me back this time..

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
            Married: 1/24/2015
            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

We met face to face, but didn't stay that way long. We had talked about meeting up again but in a light way. On Skype and phone we were saying stuff like I like you, which turned into I like you a lot and he said, we better not fall in love, I said I think we already have. I said this is starting to sound like we are heading for a relationship, he said aren't we there already? Then like yous became I love yous. He had this thing he repeated: you are not the kind of girl to love and forget- like it was a universal fact After he told my husband he pictured himself growing old with me, I knew he could never be just a summer flirt to me either. From then on, most of our convo were about visits and 9 weeks after I left him I could go back
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Thanks everyone for the great sharing. It's really an eye opener to read all these stories. Gives me faith that LDR really works.

Comment

After a year and a half of being really good friends, during which he was always there for me, even through the scariest part of my life- while said part ess happening he was the only one who was positive [that everything would be okay] He had been my diamond, no matter the pressure of life he had airways remained the same guy, steady and consistent. Recently within the past two months I finally decided to use his number he had given me a while back. Since then it was kind of a wild ride lol For starters let me say that I usually wait for the other person to confess their feelings, but he's got si much patience I had no idea how long he'd wait! So.. a couple weeks ago, I decided to finally call him and confess my feelings (having now made sure that they were real) I'm quite straightforward with him. I told him look I have something to tell you, and I'd rather tell you on voice call. So we got on skype to call and I was like,"look, I'm in love with you. I love you, and I think I have for a while now." He then tild me he'd been in love with me pretty much since we met, and I was caught off guard lol I was totally not expecting that. After a couple minutes I was like, " You've loved me since then huh?"
                  "Yeah..."
                  "When were you gonna tell me?"
                  "Well I wasn't sure you felt the same way or not.."
                  He then proceeded to remind me that when I first met I kept reminding him that he could probably find girls right out there in his city, and I guess that really hurt his feelings, which is understandable. At that point in time I was trying to stave off any feelings I was getting, and I was also trying to protect him, so I told him that and he told me it's okay, it doesn't matter now. We proceeded to talk for four hours thatv night- our longest voice call, a new record! :3
                  Last edited by Unconditional; December 29, 2014, 10:39 AM.
                  "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

I met my SO online, we were friends for a long time before feelings really started to happen for me. We have a lot of mutual friends online and a small group of us are really close. Myself and a few others in the group were trying it fix him up with a Croatian girl, he found out about it and was really mad. I asked him why he was angry and he said that she wasn't the one he was interested in. I can't remember what I said but it was something along the lines of he was interested in everything with a pussy and he thinks every girl is gorgeous and he has a gift of the gab which kind if got lost in translation and we had a huge argument. I was only joking about with him like we always did (we are both smart asses) so I was confused when he reacted the way he did. Then in a long text message he confessed thar he had fallen in love with me. I told him not to be so ridiculous, he's never met me, doesn't know me etc and I did not feel the same way (how awful)...

We carried on as friends, put it behind us but it was always on my mind. He helped me tremendously through my marriage breakdown, put up with all my hideous moods and insecurities and was always there for me 100% no matter what. Then I began to realise that I did in fact love him very very much. It wasn't until almost a year later I got very drunk and text him my true feelings. He responded straight away, said he still felt the same and he wished he could just drive to me.

Since then we've never looked back, despite major set backs and big health issues meaning we haven't been able to meet in person yet but we are both 100% committed to this! neither of us have ever met anyone that we clicked with so much. Even though it may be sometime before we can meet in person neither of us are going to give up on our unique beautiful and deep connection. I just hope when we physically meet it's going to be as good.

Comment

When we met I didn't think that we would continue talking very long. But he continued to show interest and we always found ourselves in these hilarious conversations. I would stay up later to text him and he would wake up earlier to text me. Finally one day we decided to Skype per my request. The connection was so strong that.. we Skype'd damn near everyday after. Soon after (maybe a few days) we mutually shared our feelings about how amazing we thought each other were and how strong the feelings were almost every night, then a relationship gradually ensued even without asking "hey are we dating?" We just knew.. It was actually TOO EASY.. but i'm not complaining .
                      "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
                      Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
                      Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
                      First Visit: December 7, 2017
                      Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

I met my GF playing a game on FB, and we just got talking, that was back in 2011.... she found she could trust me completely, and opened up 100% to me and told me many things that she doesn't share with many others... I did the same with her as well.

Both of us went through a fairly nasty breakup in our own ways, and then one night she was drunk and sent me a message saying she would consider being in a relationship with me, even tho previously we had always said the distance would have been too much. I had to reply with " thanks for letting me know how you feel, but I am not in a position to commit to you are any-one right now" I was a wreck tbh....

fast forward 12 months, we'd both had a fling with some-one else as rebuild/rebound seeking comfort, and I went over for a food festival as a friend for a long weekend.

We were both on best behaviour, and at one point it killed me (and her as it turned out) to not grab her and kiss her - at that point I knew that the feelings that had been bubbling for a few years were true, and was deeply in love with her.

We spoke about it when I got back to the UK, and decided to make a thing of it. Though it took me longer to admit that I was in love rather than thinking I was in love.... I wanted to make sure I was not projecting feelings or anything like that....

We were talking about it last night actually, and she told me she knew she was in love with me a long time before she drunkenly messaged me, and it was probably a good thing I cancelled her coming to see when when I was in PA for a work meeting, as at that point my relationship with my ex was dying (only weeks away from being over as it turned out) but she didn't want to be anything to do with it ending...

Comment

We had been talking online for a couple of years, and in the last few months we'd started having rather long phone calls. For a while I'd jokingly say that I loved him and he'd say it too, in the same tone. After a while it got a little more serious than that. It was during a phone call late at night. I felt it was coming and I didn't want to make things easy for him by saying it first. He didn't disappoint
                          I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

We met initially on meetme.com. I don't remember how he showed up in my newsfeed, but he caught my eye. I must have commented on something he had posted and we started emailing. However, he had quite a few women showing interest and a lot of them lived close to him, so I just stepped back because I wasn't going to be just one in a crowd. He noticed and asked for my number and we started texting. I was on my way to my second job one day and called instead of texting - that's when things really took off. We had both felt something but once we could actually talk and then started Skyping, there was no denying the attraction for both of us. We decided to become exclusive at that point.

The first I love you took a little while. He had told me "You know how I feel but I WON'T be the one to say it first. Just know when you are ready to say it, that you will hear it back". It was a few weeks later at the end of a phone call that I finally said it - and, yes, he said it right back.
                            To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

My boyfriend actually did it before I did... he told me he loved me pretty soon after we started talking and I was like WHAT??? I hardly know you!! So I was pretty skeptical but I eventually grew to love him also and then when I did I just told him. I was a little nervous and skeptical about being in love with someone I had never met but it kinda came naturally for us, so it wasn't too bad. He said it after we had a mini argument via text and then he was just like "Sarah I love you" I asked him like a million times if he was sure "love" was the right word lol

Comment

Working...
                              X