New to the long distance world, help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the long distance world, help!

Hey everyone. I just signed up today, as I am new to the whole long distance relationship scene, and I know I'm definitely going to be needing your guys' support throughout this journey.

Back story!
    My man and I met online, and immediately we knew that we had something. It was incredible how good it felt just knowing each other. Without even knowing the other person did it, we both deleted our dating accounts and stopped talking to all other prospects. It just felt so right between us. That being said, we knew this was going to be a struggle from the get go. Reason being, he lives in the state of New York and I live in BC, Canada. (Completely OPPOSITE sides of the continent) but our feelings are so strong that we are willing to give it a go. We have met, we text daily and have phone calls about twice a week. I was really curious as to whether you guys have some app/website suggestions?? We've done hoochymail (for those of you who like to keep things exciting, you should definitely check it out) and we have also tried the "couple" app and random app games.

Any tips, advice or suggestions would be beyond appreciated! Thank you (:

Welcome to LFAD! This place has a TON of tips/ideas for you two, just search around and you will find plenty. Check out the home page and the list of 104 things for couples to do together, it's a great list and has some awesome things. I really love the couple app now that my boyfriend and I are using it but I also like the Avocado app. Both apps are pretty great. Check out the Techy LDR Stuff section for more suggestions, there are plenty. There are tons of people here that are willing to give support and help with any problems you might have, we're glad to have you here I wish you two the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Pdf3 View Post

Back story!
      My man and I met online, and immediately we knew that we had something. It was incredible how good it felt just knowing each other. Without even knowing the other person did it, we both deleted our dating accounts and stopped talking to all other prospects. It just felt so right between us.

Hey welcome to LFAD!! That sounds exactly like what happened between me and my Fiance, we met on a dating site we felt we had found something special and he deleted his accounts that day and I did the next day(only because I forgot at first getting excited and happy) We have been together ever since then and still going strong, closing the distance very soon

Comment

Hey everyone. I just signed up today, as I am new to the whole long distance relationship scene, and I know I'm definitely going to be needing your guys' support throughout this journey.

Back story!
        My man and I met online, and immediately we knew that we had something. It was incredible how good it felt just knowing each other. Without even knowing the other person did it, we both deleted our dating accounts and stopped talking to all other prospects. It just felt so right between us. That being said, we knew this was going to be a struggle from the get go. Reason being, he lives in the state of New York and I live in BC, Canada. (Completely OPPOSITE sides of the continent) but our feelings are so strong that we are willing to give it a go. We have met, we text daily and have phone calls about twice a week. I was really curious as to whether you guys have some app/website suggestions?? We've done hoochymail (for those of you who like to keep things exciting, you should definitely check it out) and we have also tried the "couple" app and random app games.

Your relationship history sounds so similar to mine and we are engaged 18 months later. He deleted his account within 2 weeks of meeting me because he wanted to 'focus on just me' and and I did the same a week later. We met 8 months after that first email and the love and passion have increased between us with the passage of time. I sometimes have to pinch myself that this is all real as we have such an amazing connection and beautiful relationship. We are over 10000 miles apart so go figure.

Enough of my gushing lol

We are simple creatures : we use Whatsapp, Viber and Skype. He refuses to get another app lol since these work so well for us. Like a previous poster stated. A quick search of this site should yield more results.

All the best
        Met Online : July 2013
        Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
        2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
        3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
        Proposal : December 2014
        Closed distance : February 2015
        Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Back story!

HELLO NEWCOMER!
          I've got your back completely on this! I'm in New Mexico and she's ALL THE WAY in New Brunswick. Opposite sides of the continent, same countries, all of it. I know the awesomeness but also the complete inconvenience of it all.
          Met: Apr 2013
          Mutual interest: July 2013
          Relationship Began: November 6 2013
          First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
          Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
          Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
          Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
          Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

Welcome to LFAD; I'd advise you check out through the forums first off, as well as people's blogs, the 104 things to do list, they are good places to start off. My SO and I use Couple, I love the Thumbkiss app. He lives in the states, I'm in the UK, and we met through an online game!

Comment

We use Viber and Skype a lot.
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
              X