Is she hiding something from me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is she hiding something from me?

Me and my long distance girlfriend have been together for 6 months now, we're both 17 in our last year's of school and both going to University/College in the Summer. We Skype regularly and we share a deep connection together, I love this girl so much. However, whenever I mention coming to see her in the Summer for a month (I have the money) she seems to get really defensive and dismisses the subject which has really started to bug me, and, I've tried talking to her about it and she just says 'we'll be together one day' etc etc. I'm starting to think she's hiding something from me OR could just be scared about being with me IRL. She doesn't show this on Skype though, which is strange. I don't want to be with her if she has no intention of meeting up with me, because it's hard to not be in a physical relationship even at this stage. Should I back away from her for a few days just to show her that there is an issue here and us meeting is important to me? Or should I just full up confront her about it.

If you have the time and money to come, she might have some other issues with you meeting. It doesn't have to be something she "hides", she could be scared for various reasons. My boyfriend did the scetchy thing in the begining, which lead to me too fearing that he was indeed hiding something bad for some reason. He still has a fear of planning, but admitted on our aniversary that the reason for this is that he has not experienced planning so well (he has had close family memers that died and is not really in position to whoose whichever job he wants etc.). I told him; I want to understand you very much, but the thing with long distance relationships is that you can't just pop by, you have to plan. Sometimes you have to book tickets in advance to get a good price/available tickets at all. You have to make sure you are not working/studying/taking classes/having something else planned at that time. It doesn't have to happen right away, but I can be sure it will not happen unless we take active measures for it to happen.Try to understand her, what her life is life, what her mind is at. Do you have enough money for a place to stay while visiting her? a month seems long when you have been together just 6 months and are just 17 years old, perhaps you could start with staying there a week to give her some space.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Agree with DC it could be a trivial concern she has. For instance, does her family know? That could very well have something to do with it.
      "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

I agree about staying for a week instead the first time. If she has an issue with that, then I would want a explanation for it. If after the first visit goes good and she still does want a longer visit, where get your own place to stay, then I would also question why. Are you two exclusive? Don't assume you are because of time together, ask if you have not had that talk. If you are not exclusive then she might be dating someone local, if you are then it would be odd for her not for you two to meet in person. I would not be okay with her putting it off for a short visit and would want some clear and concise answers after six months.
        "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

She's probably scared! Everyone responds differently to meeting their SOs for the first time. Real life commitments might be getting in the way too; could be family, college, etc. Who knows? Don't push her on the subject, but at the same time don't leave words unspoken.

Comment

Working...
          X