birthday present ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

birthday present ideas

my boyfriend lives in america and i'm in england. his birthday is pretty soon and i want to mail him a box of gifts, but is there anywhere that could do this for me online so i can save on postage etc? i hope this makes sense.

Hmmmm not too sure. If you bought all the gifts on one site, then yes they would ship it for you. Not sure how you'd go if you've already got the gifts and want to send them. I'd say your best bet would be to go to the post office. But I'm not from the UK, maybe some UK members know if it could be done.

Comment

https://www.gourmetgiftbaskets.com/C...asp?source=%28 You can check out this site... they also specifically have a section for international care packages and stuff like that!

Comment

I think buying online like Amazon or ebay is a good idea, like on Amazon you can be a prime member, I haven't sent something from there international, but I reckon it would save on cost. Shipping is expensive to do it yourself and post office is alright but it is definitely good to do by "international tracked and signed" if you can afford that.

Comment

If you send something from Amazon, do it from the Amazon page of the country he resides in. That way, you'll get stuff sold through Amazon itself sent from the more local shipping center. I sent my boyfriend gifts for his birthday that way last year and it worked just fine. Add gift wrapping options and you're set! It's not as personal, but heaps cheaper, so definitely worth it and safe when you're on a budget.

~
          It'll take a lot more than words and guns
          A whole lot more than riches and muscle
          The hands of the many must join as one
          And together we'll cross the river

Comment

thanks everybody! i'm going to go with the amazon option, although i love the cookie packages on the gourmet site!

Comment

Yeah agreed, I've done it UK to US before and was fine, just going on the US amazon. As a rule I try not to buy from Amazon, but in this scenario definitely the cheapest option. Also having wasted a fair bit on fairly pointless presents in the past I'd definitely advise not going crazy and saving a lot of the cash for an extra plane ticket. You turning up is better than any present!

Comment

Check the gift-section here on the forum as well, I'm sure you can find a lot of good tips there

Met online: February 2011
                Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

I have Amazon prime and if you look at bottom of the screen you change Countries and still be on you own account. I do this all the time. It saves on international shipping and customs. Change your Amazon.co.uk to Amazon and it will use your payment method from your base account but ship from USA and so no international charges and you can select to pay in Pounds or Dollars. I find Amazon.com in USA has much more selection than Amazon.uk.co or Amazon.ge. I use Amazon.com when in USA, Amazon.uk.co when in UK and Amazon.ge when in Netherlands.

Edit: Opps, you already know this. Sorry.
                  "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                  Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                  X