The new iPod touch can video chat!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new iPod touch can video chat!!!

I know a few of you wanted iPhones so that you could video chat with your SO, well now that is not even necessary! You can do it on an iPod touch now because it has a camera!

Now I would never even consider getting an iPhone because 1) I have Verizon, 2) You don't have to pay a monthly fee, and 3) It can basically do all of the same things except make phone calls (but you can still Skype on it)!

I really want one!

https://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/features/facetime.html

I read that too! But since it's using the wireless internet connection it would still use broadband up. Since that's the problem my SO is having. Her family only has a certain gb limit each month.

Comment

I basically love Apple for doin that cause I bet it wont take too long for Skype to figure out a way to use the cam so that you can basically Skype cam/chat as well.
      I wanted to get myself the new iPhone 4G (its a sexy beast) since I have the 2G right now and I love it, but honestly over here in Germany I'd be payin 1000+ euros which is just in general waaay too much for a phone! And in the end I can get a flight for 800 euros over to the States so I'd rather save the money and go see my SO when I have time in person >_>

Comment

Hmm, this is interesting. I'm shopping around for a few particular items for this year since I'm going to be moving out of the country... maybe I'll pick up an iTouch.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

hmmm interesting!
          NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

I want this sooo sooo badly!

Comment

I don't really understand how it works...so if I'm in a room where Wi-fi is not available, then I just won't be able to use that "facetime"?

Comment

I wish I could have one :/ That would be really neat. Sorta like having an iphone without the big phone bill every month.
                Read my LDR story!
                Facebook
                Instagram

Comment

That's super cool! I wish I could have one, but I don't want to buy one. haha

Comment

Originally posted by underthewater View Post
                    I don't really understand how it works...so if I'm in a room where Wi-fi is not available, then I just won't be able to use that "facetime"?
                    You wouldn't be able to because iPod touches do not come with a data plan. You can't get on the internet period without wifi for an i-touch. However, I am pretty sure you can only use Facetime on the iPhone with wifi too.

Comment

Working...
                    X