Told my dad!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Told my dad!!!!

Well actually, my mum did she spoke to him this morning over coffee. I asked her to do it, rather than me. And I'm waiting for alone time with him now so I can speak to him and fill him in.

My dad is protective, sometimes stubborn, old fashioned, and hard headed. I was prepared to lie and travel to the states for 2 weeks to see my SO. I genuinely believed he wouldn't talk to me for at least a week because of this.

I was wrong! He was happy for my happiness, and he was supportive. I pray that everything works out (on mine and my SO's side) and one day we can close the distance <3

That's such good news!!! I wish my dad was like this since he seems similar to your dad. I guess I can't know until I try though. Congrats
    "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
    Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
    Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
    First Visit: December 7, 2017
    Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by sweetshay View Post
      That's such good news!!! I wish my dad was like this since he seems similar to your dad. I guess I can't know until I try though. Congrats
      Thank you!! I wanted to share in the hope that I could encourage someone in the same position as me, you never know till you try! I wish you the best of luck x

Comment

I am so happy for you and you happiness you wish you all the happiness in the future during you LDR x all the best

Comment

Originally posted by distantkisses View Post
          I am so happy for you and you happiness you wish you all the happiness in the future during you LDR x all the best
          Aw thank you!! All the best and may you forever be happy! Xx

Comment

I'm glad things went well for you

Comment

Yay! Glad things went well. In my opinion telling family about the relationship is one of the hardest parts of an LDR (at least in my experience) so getting that out of the way makes everything go much more smoothly.
              Flying out to meet him for the first time: 16th November 2014 - 14th December 2014
              Flying out to meet him for the second time: 3rd June 2015 -18th July 2015
              Flying out to meet him for the third time: 12th December 2016 - 12th January 2017
              His first flight to me: April 2018 DENIED ENTRY
              Flying out to meet him for the fourth time: 23rd June 2018 - 7th July 2018
              Got Engaged: 12th December 2016
              Married: June 29th 2018
              Hoping to close the distance: 2019/2020

Comment

Working...
              X