What it's like to be in a LDR-according to Buzzfeed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What it's like to be in a LDR-according to Buzzfeed

Well, I wasn't sure where to put this so I settled on putting it here.
    It's a video by a bunch of Buzzfeed members which I thought others might enjoy
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanbergara...ip#.dtOzp2k7zr

Let me know if the link works as I'm not that technologically advanced so I don't use links all the time lol
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

So true. Buzzfeed normally posts some pretty funny stuff, and I rate their website quite a bit.

"Is it worth it?" You'll never know until you try.

Comment

I love buzzfeed. Especially the "Try Guys" videos.

Heres another (not a video) 12 Things People in LDR's are Tired of Hearing

https://www.buzzfeed.com/carolinecos...98#.rtGnbPlvn7

Also (not video) 18 moments ever Long Distance Couple waits for

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jennifersch...or#.jhRJe9ngJN

I so enjoy reading these things and watching these videos
      "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

I actually disagree with a couple of things they said, or maybe I'm just abnormal (probably!). We've never ran out of things to say on the phone and I don't constantly ask myself 'is it worth it?' as I know without having to ask myself. A definite end point would be good though.

Comment

Originally posted by 80anthea View Post
          I actually disagree with a couple of things they said, or maybe I'm just abnormal (probably!). We've never ran out of things to say on the phone and I don't constantly ask myself 'is it worth it?' as I know without having to ask myself. A definite end point would be good though.
          Yeah there were a couple things I couldn't wrap my brain around. You're not abnormal, I haven't ran out of things to say on the phone or over Skype either. Sometimes there is silence, but it's kind of like happy/relaxing silence which we both don't mind having occasionally. I also don't really ask myself if it is worth it, because I know it is. Everyone is different though, I'm sure there are others out there that do run out of things to talk about, and do ask themselves that questions.

Comment

I feel like the video made me both happy and sad, like when the guy said "I guess it wasn't worth it since we broke up." If I think about my current situation and the state of depression I was in before I met my SO to the immense happiness I feel now.. even if we did break up it'd be totally worth it! I guess I wish they focused more on the positives rather than this lukewarm feel. The ending was really adorable though too xD.

Originally posted by Unconditional View Post

If I never had to hear "why don't you just date someone closer?" again I would be ecstatic. Better yet, elated.
            "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
            Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
            Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
            First Visit: December 7, 2017
            Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by sweetshay View Post
              I feel like the video made me both happy and sad, like when the guy said "I guess it wasn't worth it since we broke up." If I think about my current situation and the state of depression I was in before I met my SO to the immense happiness I feel now.. even if we did break up it'd be totally worth it! I guess I wish they focused more on the positives rather than this lukewarm feel. The ending was really adorable though too xD.

If I never had to hear "why don't you just date someone closer?" again I would be ecstatic. Better yet, elated.
              Them potatoes must have been amazing lol That guy made me kinda sad about his video.

If we never had to hear that again it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Unconditional View Post

Also (not video) 18 moments ever Long Distance Couple waits for

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jennifersch...or#.jhRJe9ngJN

I so enjoy reading these things and watching these videos
                All of this right here, everything said... just yes, absolutely yes. BuzzFeed is my favorite thing in the entire world. My best friend and I spend HOURS every night reading their articles and watching their videos, they're just awesome. She showed me the LDR video yesterday actually. But yes, all of these are great!

Comment

Anyone else notice this comment:

Long distance myself, and I remember so much anxiety about telling my parents because we met on the internet. That's when my mom told me the ultimate LDR story. Years ago, when my mom was a kid in Portugal, she had a teacher who received the most romantic love letters, pages of beautiful writing. She received them for 7 (13? can't remember) years. Her lover was an Indian man (Portugal owned the colony of Goa in India at the time), and he couldn't marry out of caste, not as long as his parents were alive. So they waited and wrote and waited and finally his parents passed on and he could go to her. And he did, and to my mother's knowledge they lived happily married for the rest of their days.

I have my doubts and worries sometimes, and it's remembering that story that keeps me going. If two people could keep something like that going for 7 years using letters that would take weeks to arrive, then there's no doubt in my mind that our modern LDRs with instantaneous communication are capable of survival.

Not gonna lie - I teared up a bit!

Comment

A couple of months ago, I met a man (much older than me) who used to work in the Christian mission in an African country (sorry, I don't remember which one). He met a local woman, they got engaged during his time there and after his mission was over, they kept in contact through snail mail letters for 5 years. It was so hard they almost gave up several times, but in the end their love was too strong. Finally she moved here, married and now they have adult kids. It is very inspirational.
                    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I loved this video, thanks for sharing!
                      I don't agree with everything that was said, especially the guy who stated that long distance relationships can only work if there is an end to the distance in sight. Not everyone (especially members on LFAD!) knows when they will close the distance, but the couple still keeps going because they love each other and put in the effort, because they don't want to be with anyone else.

Still, a great video in the end

Comment

Working...
                      X