How much do you tell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much do you tell?

Okay, I didn't see any threads similar to this...

I like to tell my SO pretty much everything. He's my best friend but I'm not sure to handle situations like below.

Today, this guy hit on me in a grocery store. It was pretty persistent and pretty ridiculous (he tried to turn a handshake into spinning me around). For me this was crazy because 1)I'm pretty shy so that was embarrassing, 2) he was carrying diapers 3) I just worked my butt off and lost 45 lbs so it's a bit flattering too. Of course I politely told him to go away....

In a closed distance relationship in the past, I would probably tell a SO and we would laugh about it. In a LDR, I'm not sure how that would work. I think he would get a bit jealous and start to worry about not being here. He trusts me completely but I still wonder. How much do you tell your SO?

I tell mine everything....including every time it get asked out. He thinks it's because I want him to be jealous, but honestly it's because I feel like I am hiding something if I don't. I need to rethink that!
    sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

I'd tell him!

My man tells me everything, from accidentally asking co-workers out on dates to accidental boob grabbing. It happens and I feel like it's easier to deal with when they tell you, because they obviously care about your opinion on the matter.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

If I find something noteworthy, I'll tell him. I think someone randomly trying to pick you up at a grocery store is not worth telling. But someone trying to spin you in a circle would make the list.

Comment

Nah, I don't tell mine, it's too minor of a thing to me, especially if it made him worry at all. If someone were being a problem though, like being very persistent or something, I would, but someone being flirty once I wouldn't bother him with. I don't think I'd want to really hear about him getting hit on, either. It's not about keeping things from each other, but not every minute needs to be shared, especially irrelevant things that can cause concern.
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

My physical therapist has a crush on me. He has had for months. I promised myself not to use him anymore, but my main therapist is sick again and I really need help, he is the only other therapist there and he is good. I used to be uncomfortable but I am not anymore.My husband knows. I haven't told SO because I don't want him to worry, and frankly he would be of no help! He thinks all men want me but he is not imaginative enough to think they could fall for me. My life is so different from his and in his eyes complicated, I think telling him about those things would only confuse him. I would probably tell SO if he lived here, though.

I probably wouldn't tell any of the guys if someone hit on me in a grocery store, unless it was funny or interesting in any way... I might tell my husband to amuse him. I am not afraid to get hit on, and I will deal with it myself. I know SO cares more about tips than flirts on the job, and will often not even notice or care if women hit on him. Last time he told me about an unwanted flirt was it annoyed him that a former flirt contacted him about a year ago. Husband tells me about every girl who looks at him twice, which can be a bit TMI, well sometimes he actually doesn't know what to do so I have to help him a bit.
            Last edited by differentcountries; January 22, 2015, 04:23 AM.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I'm pretty straight-forward with my s/o, and I tend to tell him at least a basic idea of whatever is going on. So when it comes to things like getting hit on, I'd probably bring it up if it's noteworthy.
              I can't say I tell him everything, but I do tell him important things. Above all else, though, I make sure he's well aware of what my pets are doing at all times. He may not understand nor appreciate the importance of it, but it is absolutely vital that he knows one of my cats wrestled with himself, because none of the other cats would wrestle with him.
              But yeah, I tend to not tell him something if I feel like it just really isn't worth mentioning, if it's something he might not really get, or if I think it's just something he wouldn't really be interested in.

Comment

My SO and I discuss pretty much everything. There is a guy at the gym that I've been calling my "stalker" and told my SO. He was like "yeah, so he's got good taste. As long as he keeps his hands to himself, it's all good". If a guy takes a double look, I wouldn't mention that. Your story, yes, that I'd definitely tell him lol.
                To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Everything and then some, he is my soul mate, best friend and life partner. Wisdom teaches you it all comes out in the end.
                  "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                  Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I tell him like everything. Ha. Anytime a guy hits on me, I tell him. I feel like he should know and I like seeing him get jealous (when he does). It's cute.

Comment

I tell mine way too much lol. However, I do that because I'm comfortable and I *know* he won't get jealous or overreact. If he were prone to jealousy and overreaction then I would be more careful with the things I tell him as a means of choosing my battles wisely.

I'm the jealous type and I have overreacted to something he told me once, but generally I can deal with it.

I'd say choose your battles wisely. Is he ok with that kind of info or does it get him insanely jealous?
                      Met Online : July 2013
                      Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
                      2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
                      3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
                      Proposal : December 2014
                      Closed distance : February 2015
                      Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Was it important? If so, you tell. If nonsense, why bother? And so...Was it important?
                        "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I'm comfortable telling my SO just about everything, even things he could probably live without ever hearing like that I just took a poop lol. But that's just how we are. I've learned that sometimes withholding information - purposely or accidentally - could lead to potential issues. Both my SO and I have been previously upset about finding something out after the fact.. for him it was me not mentioning I knew one of my friends had feelings for me, and for me it was him not telling me he still spoke to a girl who had previously sent him nudes.. So for us it's just better to get it all out and in the open so there's no perceived shadiness.
                          "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
                          Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
                          Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
                          First Visit: December 7, 2017
                          Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

I tell my SO everything. But I agree with Hollandia, ask yourself "Was it important and why?"
                            If I was in your situation I'd tell because of feeling flattered and the spinning thing. It stood out of your day, (you writing about it) so it could cary an important feeling for you.
                            “We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love.”
                            ― Robert Fulghum, True Love

Met UK 3.08.2012-5.08.12 ->UK 1.12.12-3.12.12->PL 8.02.13-16.02.13->PL 1.06.13-9.06.13->UK 3.08.13-17.08.13->UK 26.10.2013-02.11.2013->PL 30.11.2013-08.12.2013->PL 22.03.2014-29.03.2014->UK 31.05.2014-07.06.2014->PL 06.09.2014-13.09.13->UK 20.12.2014-03.01.2015
                            Closed the distance >21.03.2015
                            sigpic

Comment

I tell him most things if I remember. If I forget then it's not important.
                              I think if what happened to the OP had happened to me, I would tell him and we would laugh about it together.

Comment

Working...
                              X