Ideas please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas please?

This is really kind of silly, I've been thinking and thinking ever since my BF left for France a month ago. His birthday is coming up soon and I am having the hardest time thinking of a nice sentimental gift to send him that isn't too expensive to mail overseas.
    In the past I have always cooked dinners or done something else in person. I feel a little guilty because I'm having such difficulties, but I really have no clue at all what to send him! Help!
    He races motorcycles and he likes gadgets.....i don't know. All I can think about is my trip I'm taking at the end of the year to visit him.

if you don't want to buy something materialistic you can maybe make him something? you can put together a bunch of pictures of you and him, either in a photo album or a little collage. pictures are always something that can be enjoyed, and make you rememeber all the good times! it's also fun in the process of making it.. hope this helps a little
    <3
    sigpic

Comment

I agree with Amandamayaaa, I love the idea of a collage or a photo album and it'll bring back loads of memories for both of you and I'm sure your SO will love the effort you put into it.

Or you could even get a plain photoframe and decorate it in your own special way and put your favourite photograph in it of you both.
      [CENTER]

Comment

a photoframe or album is cute, I made one for my SO before I left and he loved it...

I have 3 things on the go that I am making for our anniversary which might help;

1) A usb stick with photos, videos, and an audio book i'm recording myself.

2) I was looking up patterns to make a stuffed plushie to send him, I was going make me dressed in a dinosaur costume (Little inside joke there) but you could find a pattern for pretty much anything you want.

3) I just ordered the mechanism that goes inside a music box, which plays "I want to hold your hand" by the beatles, one of our favourite songs, I'm going to make a little box and decorate it in photos of me and my SO to put it in. It only cost 6.50 euros and there was a surprising amount of more modern songs to choose from out there, the site I ordered from was based in france, but I'm there will be companies all over the place if you do an internet search.

Or if you cooked for him, maybe find a way to send some cookies or something? my SO somehow managed to get flowers sent to me and we're nearly 4,000 miles apart, so I'm sure there will be some way to do that.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
        <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
        The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
        <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
        <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
        Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
        Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Going off the collage idea, you could also incorporate pictures of things that bring memories for you both or a snippet from something you wore the first time you met (if you're OK with cutting a small strip from the hem of the shirt/skirt/whatever) and spritz it with the perfume/body spray you wear or soak a kerchief in it and put it in a baggy to preserve the smell.

Comment

I really like the idea with the pictures. You can do anything with pictures! Make a collage or decorate a picture frame

Comment

Sooo many cool ideas. I am into anything with pictures!
              NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

You know, he's probably a little homesick. Is there any way you can send him a care package with things he loved from home? Favorite candies/junk foods, maybe there's a boxed meal like ramen or mac n cheese he loved from home? When I studied overseas, that was my favorite package of all - getting mac and cheese from my parents, because there wasn't any of that in Japan.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Working...
                X