I'm so so so happy right now :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so so so happy right now :)

Hey, everyone this is gonna be a long post so sorry about that. So for those of you who remember, I was not at all pleased with the way my boyfriend has been not answering my texts lately. Well I finally got to talk to him last night, and all my questions have been basically answered. I told him so many times already that him not answering my texts really hurts my feelings and he knows that. He told me that he feels just terrible about not being able to answer me and that the only time he could really talk to me is when he has the night off which is like 1 day a week (for those of you who don't know my boyfriend is a police officer and he has a very consistent work schedule of 8PM to 4AM, which gives him little to no social life whatsoever).

Anyway, we have a visit coming up next month when my spring break is. He requested those days of in like late November early December and I still had no clue whatsoever if he got those days off or not, and he was always dancing around it when I asked him. I finally found out why. It turns out he's been fighting to get those days off for a while now (don't know how long) and somehow he didn't get put in for those days even though no one in his department has asked for those days off, and we both think that's just ridiculous. He hinted at me that he doesn't trust anybody over there but I had no clue it was this bad like holy crap.

So I texted him about a week ago asking him if he couldn't come here and meet me I could come up there and stay with him for the week and he never answered me back. I brought that up again and he said that he would feel so bad if I was there and all he would do is sleep all day and go to work at night. I told him that I didn't care about any of that. "I would finally get to be together with the man that I love under the same roof. Even if you would be sleeping the whole time, even if we don't get to go out on dates, and even if the only time we could spend together is us laying down next to each other in bed, I couldn't be happier" is what I told him. He just told me "Aww I know that babe, but I'd still feel bad." So I didn't really get a no to me visiting him yet no yes either because we both still don't know yet.

So yeah that's my update on our lives. I got to talk to him for almost 2 hours (which is a significant improvement btw. Usually we only get to talk for an hour or even less than that sometimes,) via video chat and we texted/messaged each other all day. We may talk again tonight, but since the Superbowl is today we might not lol. I feel so much better after talking with him and I have no doubt in my mind that this is the man I wish to spend the rest of my life with. I just don't know if he doesn't (God forbid) get those days of if I should go visit him on those days, or wait for summer break. The thing with summer break is that the same thing may happen where he may sleep and work the whole time yet I'll be there longer, either a couple weeks to a month idk. There's just so much to think about right now.

I'm glad you got to talk to him! it's so important that you got to say all you wanted to say and he listened. Good for you! With the visit thing, I'm sure he'll appreciate you offering to go to him, I know my boyfriend (police officer too!) does, as he gets to see me, but gets to rest for a couple of hours before I get there so he's not exhausted when I see him. Hope you get to see your boy soon! x

Comment

That's awesome! Happy things went well with your SO. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Farawayhan View Post
        I'm glad you got to talk to him! it's so important that you got to say all you wanted to say and he listened. Good for you! With the visit thing, I'm sure he'll appreciate you offering to go to him, I know my boyfriend (police officer too!) does, as he gets to see me, but gets to rest for a couple of hours before I get there so he's not exhausted when I see him. Hope you get to see your boy soon! x
        I hope so too

Comment

I also found out that he got 2 hours of sleep on Friday. Thank god he was off the next day so he could catch up on sleep. I got to talk to him at around midnight to around 2AM my time haha.

Comment

Oh good I'm glad!! I get where he's coming from on Valentines. He'd probably get no sleep with you there (I don't blame him) and then have a super long night. Have you two thought about making your own Valentines Day? Celebrate together on your special day (s) when he can actually get the time off? That specific day is tough cause EVERY ONE wants that day off

Lol I wish he'd told you earlier so you could plan around it, but I'm super glad you two got to spend some time talking
            "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Originally posted by merlinkitty View Post
              Oh good I'm glad!! I get where he's coming from on Valentines. He'd probably get no sleep with you there (I don't blame him) and then have a super long night. Have you two thought about making your own Valentines Day? Celebrate together on your special day (s) when he can actually get the time off? That specific day is tough cause EVERY ONE wants that day off

Lol I wish he'd told you earlier so you could plan around it, but I'm super glad you two got to spend some time talking
              Our own Valentine's Day huh? That sounds like an awesome idea thanks I'll ask him about it.

Comment

Glad that you are happy and that there is progress being made!! That's like the best feeling - like a big weight lifted off of your shoulders, YAYYYY! Don't overload your brain too much thinking about that stuff though (I know it's hard not to xD)
                "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
                Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
                Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
                First Visit: December 7, 2017
                Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

Working...
                X