The Dull Phase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Dull Phase

Me and my special someone have been in a relationship for about 6 years now. We started out in high school and now we're in college, but in different provinces. My main concern is that it seems me and him have hit a bump in our relationship as our conversations are dull and quiet. Not that its awkward, but its like we have nothing to talk about most of the time. Do you guys have any suggestions as to how we can get our conversations going and keep it interesting?

Please and Thank you

Have you guys tried to add in like activities, games, movies, books that you can read together/watch?? Something you can do together like you'd do if you lived together or near??
    "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Yeah I agree with merlinkitty. When there's nothing to talk about just dive into a game or something you can do together - the activity itself could create conversation in the future. My SO and I were playing this one game together so long I actually started to miss just talking. What is something that you and your SO like mutually? Games? Fitness? Hiking? Cooking/Baking?
      "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
      Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
      Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
      First Visit: December 7, 2017
      Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

Congrats of bein gin a relationships that long!

Something happens in the relationships around 6-7 years. It does become a bit dull. Then it is interesting to do various things together to create new experiences; travels, classes (we took up ballroom dancing), volenteer work (we both did it, in different NGO's and helping each other out), cooking and of course sex (most people do deveop new fantasies in the courseof 6 years). Have you done relationship questions/ 1000 questions for lovers? You might discover something new about the other person.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Additionally to the advice so far - If you got nothing to talk about, that could also mean you don't have enough to do in your regular lives. If you want to, try going to an event that interests you or pick up a new hobby. New experiences always make for good conversation material!

~
          It'll take a lot more than words and guns
          A whole lot more than riches and muscle
          The hands of the many must join as one
          And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Working...
          X