Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She said she doesn't trust me

Hey guys, I hope everyone's doing well.

I guess I've posted a couple of threads here before and here I am again. Long story short, I'm in a relationship with a girl for more than 3 months now and I'll be visiting her shortly once I'm done with my last exam.
    I really like her more than anyone and lately I've been feeling like it's a one-sided relationship. One more thing that made me worry is she kind of said..she doesn't trust me. I don't know if it's right or wrong for her to say that but it did hurt me very much. We've shared a lot of things and I don't hide anything from her. We were having a casual talk and she said she wanted to look at my passport so I showed her and I asked her if I can see her name and photo of her passport but she refused. I asked her why and said she doesn't trust me enough and she fears I might use her identity for bad intentions. We've known each other for nearly an year now and with 3 months of relationship and she still doesn't trust me.
    She actually thinks I might use her personal information for bad purposes. I asked her if she trusts me and she said..I don't know.
    It hurts.
    Should I talk to her about this?

I usually say wait til the first meet and see how that goes.

Regardless LDRs usually take what I call "blind trust" you just trust the person your with you have no explanation for this except for the fact that they've never given you a reason to not trust them.

It sounds like she has these apprehensions because she just hasn't met you face to face, I wouldn't worry about it until you have your first meet.
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

And you're going to see her?? I mean I get that catfishing is a thing. People around me puts doubts in my head about my SO but I just to make a decision, to trust him or not. And I decided to trust.

Do you all Skype?? So she can see your face and stuff?? I would definitely talk to her about it. Cause I'm assuming you'd be going to her and assume you'd be staying at her place? Why would she have someone in her place she doesn't trust??

LDR is hard, trust is an important factor, and assuming you all haven't met yet, which is what it sounds like, it's hard to let go and trust that this person on the other end isn't pulling a fast one on you. In a way I don't blame her for her caution, but I would still talk about it with her.
      "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Why would you want to look at each other's passports? Sounds to me like you don't really trust her.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I'm not interested in seeing her passport. She was curious about mine so I showed her and I asked her the same question.

Comment

Originally posted by merlinkitty View Post
            And you're going to see her?? I mean I get that catfishing is a thing. People around me puts doubts in my head about my SO but I just to make a decision, to trust him or not. And I decided to trust.

Do you all Skype?? So she can see your face and stuff?? I would definitely talk to her about it. Cause I'm assuming you'd be going to her and assume you'd be staying at her place? Why would she have someone in her place she doesn't trust??

LDR is hard, trust is an important factor, and assuming you all haven't met yet, which is what it sounds like, it's hard to let go and trust that this person on the other end isn't pulling a fast one on you. In a way I don't blame her for her caution, but I would still talk about it with her.
            Yes, we video chat, we voice talk and we've sent each other gifts. I don't know what made her say that..she's worried about identity theft..and yes, we haven't met yet. I never had doubts of our trust but now, I have second thoughts about it. I don't know how to ask her about it, I don't want to make a big deal out of it though.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnGoober View Post
              I'm not interested in seeing her passport. She was curious about mine so I showed her and I asked her the same question.
              You might tell her it is a little weird that she expects you to be comfortable showing, when she thinks her showing you is akin to you taking advantage of her.
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Sounds downright weird to me. My SO and I've been together two months, and he's never asked me for anything like that. I mean, if we joked about it, I probably would show him so he could see what a terrible picture is on my provisional driving license, but other than that...

She's having cold feet, I think. I mean, it's up to you if you decided to go and visit her. It might make things better.

This is a difficult one. On one hand, you could visit her. Does she know what you plan on doing? On the other hand, you could sit tight and see how things pan out.

Either way, have a talk with her, and see what's worrying her.

Comment

Oh yes…) It’s very popular idea – “cockroaches in our head”! We are very different and can have crazy thoughts and views about any life situations! And misunderstanding, lost of trust are the pitiest outcomes. But I think that the love unites us, even if we are in different countries! For example so it happened with my husband and me. We met in the site live chat and immediately understood that it’s the love at first sight! In spite of he is from the Congo! I’m going to move to him! Now we live at me! We are very happy and live in perfect harmony!))) He is the best husband in the world!))) I wish to find your real love and create your close-knit family!)))

Comment

Working...
                  X