This is my first LDR ever an im nervous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my first LDR ever an im nervous

Hi I'm new to this site, new to this LDR thing and new to being in a committed relationship and I'm honestly terrified and nervous but happy at the same time. So me and my S.O. have been talking for about 3 months now we met online she looked me up and I saw an said "Hey" an from then on she and me were talking all the time everyday she even told me all about her life I know her family their names an all even her dogs names lol. An even I was able to open up to her which is a huge deal for me. We even talk occasionally about things continuing beyond now an she's nervous about me and the relationship which we talked about last week and she told me she doesn't like anyone else and se hopes im into her too. But now we're going on our first date Saturday an I think it'll go well but she thinks I won't find her attractive an stuff we only live only 4 hours away and I can see myself falling in love with her. But I'm just terrified cuz I've never been so close to a girl before and I just don't wanna get hurt. But she thinks if it ends that pretty much I'll end it.

You gotta take a leap of faith sometimes, or else you'll never know. If you find yourself caring deeply for someone, whether they be 100 or 10000 miles away, distance is merely a test and so long as you remain beneath the same sky, you will always be together. Take it slowly, relax, and enjoy your times together. And also on that note, welcome to the community!

Comment

Thanks a lot i have a bad habit of getting comfortable with a girl and then kinda taking them for granted but is it okay if we just text or talk every other day or should we every single day

Comment

Just take a deep breath and take things slow. It's always important in any kind of relationship to take things at a comfortable pace for both of you. Also thoughts have the tendency to become real so as long as you keep thinking the date will go well it will. Good luck and welcome to LFAD

Comment

Thank you again and I think I just have a tendency to over think things an cuz I have trust issues with women especially and I feel like she's too good to walk away from or give up on like I know it's cheesy but I'm closer to her then I am with people here an ldr was always a hell no option for me I think talking about it out loud helps ease the anxiety that is the ldr im in

Comment

Talk however often feels comfortable. You don't want to force conversation, but you don't want to neglect talking to each other in fear that you might be talking "too much", so figure out something that works well for both of you. My s/o and I used to talk every day, but now that he's gone back to school full time while also working full time, I only get to talk to him every couple of days or so. Both are fine for us, even if we do miss each other.

Comment

Okay and thank you all it helps me relax about it all but we don't text as much as before she said she doesn't really like talking on the phone that much but I do I don't mind the texting but I feel if we talked on the phone it'll help with the anxiety issues

Comment

Working...
              X