Valentine's day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valentine's day

How has everyone's valentine's day been? did you and your SO do anything for each other?

Put it this way, my SO and I have been talking/video camming for over 8 hours, and counting. It's been awesome. Never felt so close to him. We didn't exchange gifts or anything, not this time, but the attention and care and love was all we needed.

Comment

My boys got me 12 red roses and a card. My husband made us dinner - cod with bacon, and carrots and potatoes. I baked chocolate cake and decorated with heart bands. I gave them both chocolate hearts, SO a comic book about life in Norway and my husband a crime fiction novel by his fav author. The boys had wine but I am still on antibiotics so I had juice. It was a quiet evening with the three of us at home.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I sent my partner a cake in a jar and some chocolates - she's always loved my cakes and misses them whenever we're not together. We're about to Skype now and watch a movie together - she's spent the day at school so we just want the rest of the evening together.

Comment

My boyfriend surprised me with some beautiful roses this morning. I was so shocked when they were delivered.
          And I sent him a book filled with reasons why I love him, and a "Love Knows No Distance" bracelet. We have also been Skyping and playing Minecraft together all day. It has been a lot of fun.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. (:
          ~~~ ~~~

First Met Online: March 13, 2014
          Relationship Began: November 23, 2014
          First Met In Person: June 10-24, 2015
          Second Visit: December 16- January 6, 2015/2016
          Closed The Distance: June 26, 2016
          Got Engaged: February 1, 2018

Comment

I sent my man a hamper of alcoholic cider, chips, nuts and other nibbles.

I got 12 long stem roses, a bottle of Moët,chocolates and a stuffed toy. When the delivery Man arrived with them I asked him "Are you sure?" My SO had me believing all I'd get was the card he sent me.....cheeky.

Comment

I didn't get anything nor have we talked today, he's had work and I just really haven't been up to talking after what I went through this morning- I've just been really tired today. Then again, Valentine's day isn't a super important holiday to me, or him. I prefer the day after- 75% off candy day
              "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

I got here last night so I got to wake up to him today. We exchanged cards. He left to do a job at about 11:00 and is still out. Looks like a late dinner somewhere and then some snuggle time.
                To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

We agreed on a traditional Valentine's Day! I got him a coupon book that I made for him and a nice card! He got me flowers, a heart shaped chocolate box, a cupcake teddy bear plushie and a very thoughtful card. He also bought some sparkling cider so we could toast to our first Valentine's day in person and we went out to dinner with his sister and her husband After dinner he got me a dipped cone at Dairy Queen I feel blessed!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                  First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                  Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                  Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                  Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                  Married: 1/24/2015
                  Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Neither of us are into Valentine's Day at all, but I figured it was as good of a time as any to send him some tea and little gifts via Amazon. I didn't expect anything from him back, he's been working so hard and saving up for his move. His efforts are gift enough to me, as mushy as that sounds. So far, we spent the day playing games and relaxing. After his tough work week and his parents going on his nerves, that's all we need

~
                    It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                    A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                    The hands of the many must join as one
                    And together we'll cross the river

Comment

We're both semi-sick, so it's not been what we wanted or expected, but we went out this morning and signed our lease-renewal (awesome because they didn't up our rent much).

Then we went down to the park right up the street and tried out the disc golf course there - it's a killer! All hills and trees and long holes. So we fooled around up there for about an hour, then went to Chick-fil-a for lunch and went shopping.

He bought me flowers! He doesn't do that much... In 4 years, 3 times. So it's a big deal. It was cute - he just picked them up as we headed for the register at Target. He said he almost ordered some delivered, but was glad he didn't since we were out all day and didn't really have a traditional v-day. We're still planning a nice dinner date when we feel better. Hopefully that happens before I start my new job, out of state, next Monday...
                      Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
                      Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
                      Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
                      LD again: July 24, 2012
                      Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
                      Married: November 1, 2014
                      Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Comment

We Skyped for about 30 minutes because he had to get ready for work. He got no sleep the previous day too and slept in really late. We did send each other e cards though and he bought me something special that I should be getting in the mail soon hehe

Comment

We're both not into Valentine's Day, so we didn't do anything special. Just talked for 30 minutes before going to bed. It was a nice day anyway

Comment

Actually, an 8 hour Skype call became 13. I fell asleep to him saying, "I'm going to let you go for now. See you tomorrow. I love you."

Nice to see others had a great day too! In each and every little way.

Comment

Aw, I felt like a doofus later - During our Skype call, when I commented that I'm glad we both don't really care about Valentines Day, my SO got a bit quiet. He said he does care about it, because all his past Valentines Days were lonely and just reminded him of how miserable he was about it. He said that his first Valentines Day with someone else is at least a bit special, and he was very happy we had a good time together. Bah, I sure felt stupid for not knowing that, though he was a bit stupid for not telling me! I wanted to give him the biggest hug right then and there!

I guess that means that our day was a bit more special than I thought, and without knowing, I made it very special for him. That was nice, though I hope in the future, he tells me feelings/thoughts like those before dummy me steps on toes!

~
                              It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                              A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                              The hands of the many must join as one
                              And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Working...
                              X