Feeling Alone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling Alone

This is my first time having a long distance relationship. My bf and I have been together for 9 months and known each other for two years. With his work ,school, and millitary schedule. It's very hard to have time to talk even see each other. I known a few hours isn't a lot comparied to others but it's still effects me. I love him and miss him so much. Last night being valentines day we got to see each other. It's been a month since we last saw each other. I just need some guidance to be strong for the both of us. I find it's harder when we get to see each other because I don't want him to go I just don't know what to do he is horible with texting. Someone help please thank you .

Look around you, this whole site is full of the inspiration you need. Many others are in your situation. I'd give advice, but I feel others could go more in depth as I am heading out the door to work atm.

Communicate how much communication you need, it sounds like you would like more, is that possible?
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

All I could say is that you need to keep yourself busy. I find that it's much easier to cope with when you are hanging out with your best friends and doing your favorite activity than being all alone in your room. It's so hard when the person you love isn't with you by your side, but it doesn't have to be as difficult as you think. Just make sure that you are doing something you love to do everyday and you'll be fine

Comment

I definitely agree with Unconditional about communicating about how much communication you need since it appears you want/need more. Definitely look around the site since there is a ton of advice/support/help on here. However, if he is busy often due to his school/work/military schedule, maybe you can talk about planning set times to talk? If you have scheduled times to talk it could make it easier so you have something to look forward to. However, in the meantime while you're waiting to talk, you could spend more time with family/friends or focusing on yourself. Find and activity you really enjoy so you can spend your time not thinking about missing him. It's hard, but distractions are great and it will help time go by much faster!

Comment

Thank you. And I will look around.

Comment

Looking around you is the best way to learn. Maybe have a chat with some members too, don't be shy

Comment

Let him know that you need more than what he's been giving you. Even just a heads up text or a simple "Hey babe, I miss you!". Coming from me, my SO is TERRIBLE, absolutely horrid, when it comes to us not being physically together and talking. He just never pays attention to his phone, or his laptop, so it seems like he's ignoring me, but no...he becomes engrossed in other things. I barely talk to my SO during the week/days when he is working, he's not allowed to have his phone on him at all in the building (he works as a state corrections officer). So, if he's not doing a double, I don't hear from him for over 8 hours, with a double...upwards of 16 hours. Then, he usually goes to sleep when he gets home. So, I feel your pain. Also, when he was in the Army, it was still annoying because again...he never pays attention to his phone. Plus, his phone sucks and it dies after a couple of hours and he never keeps a charger with him, besides the one in his car.

I have had many talks with my SO about it, but for my situation, it really just boils down to the fact that it's just his personality. He's oblivious to his phone and our other means of communication when we're not together. ::sigh:: It sucks, but after a while you kind of get used to it.

Definitely do try to keep yourself busy. Go out with your friends, your family, throw yourself into work/school so you don't think about it too much. It really does help.

Comment

Ya That's basically my guy he just isn't that on the phone type person we have talked about it he says he will try but with the new job just getting harder. I'm hoping to be closer to him by next year with me going to nau, but i'm at this point right now wear i don't have a lot of friends that support me and my family is a whole other story. I'M trying to find more to keep me busy.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishvixen96 View Post
                  Ya That's basically my guy he just isn't that on the phone type person we have talked about it he says he will try but with the new job just getting harder. I'm hoping to be closer to him by next year with me going to nau, but i'm at this point right now wear i don't have a lot of friends that support me and my family is a whole other story. I'M trying to find more to keep me busy.
                  Yay NAU lol I just graduated from there well online at least sorry, random I know lol
                  "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Lol that just made my day. Ya I have 4 years head of me there and he has five if all goes as planned

Comment

Working...
                    X