I feel devastated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel devastated

Me and my boyfriend made plans to meet each other in a couple of weeks during my spring break. He was gonna fly out here to meet me, but then he just texted me right now saying that he can't make it because his job messed it up. Naturally I felt pretty bad because this is the second time now that his work got in the way of us meeting. So I text him back once again asking if I can come up there to meet him. He doesn't text me back. Now if I were in a normal more emotionally stable mood that wouldn't bother me (because of his work schedule he doesn't really have time to text people anymore), but because I was already in an awful mood today because of some family drama all my emotions just came pouring out. I sent him a ton of stupid desperate texts among the lines of "Please let me come see you" or "Let's work this out, so please don't hurt me." Then after pouring my soul out through stupid messages I ask him if we could talk about this tomorrow before he goes to work and just says "Ok." I'm kinda mad that that was all he had to say to me, but at least he agreed to talk to me tomorrow. I don't know guys, I just feel really rotten over something that may seem trivial, but I can't help it and it still hurts

I know exactly how you feel. I sent my SO a text that explained how hurt I was and blah blah blah- it was only because I was in a bad mood and it was close to Valentine's day so ya know. It does suck a lot, but I say wait and see what happens tomorrow.
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Sorry the visit didn't work out. Just make sure you communicate all your feelings when you do talk to him tomorrow. Keeping things pent up in a relationship is never good. Good luck.

Met online: 04.19.14
      Became a couple: 04.23.14
      First Visit: 08.09.14-08.15.14
      Second Visit: 12.17.14-12.28.14
      Third Visit: 02.13.15-02.15.15
      Fourth Visit: 04.03.15-04.06.15
      CLOSED THE DISTANCE/GOT MARRIED: 06.22.15/06.27.15

Comment

Give yourself a hug, do something indulgent or whatever you enjoy tonight to take your mind off things. It hurts. I know. Big hugs to you sweetie. You'll get it sorted soon.
        "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Omg thank you guys so much I'll try to keep busy until he calls

Comment

No problem, sometimes the best.thing is to keep busy and try not to worry
            "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Keep busy Hun, I'm sure he'll call.

Comment

Oh no how awful, I hope you guys sort things out!

It seems a lot if us are going through the same kind of thing at the moment, I just did something very similar. I missed my SO again last night when he got home from work, I tired so hard to stay awake but the daft sod left his phone at work so had to go back and get it. I woke this morning and again no good morning text from him and I do understand he's tired, he just worked a triple shift, but it hurts that he couldn't send a text before he crashed. I just sent him a massive rambling text about how I'm not dealing with this very well and I need this and I need that... He's gonna love waking up to that!!! I wish I could take it back now.

I think the other factors going on sometimes make us deal with things in not such a great way. We are human though, it's really tough being in a LDR and we need to give ourselves a break sometimes. I totally get the "ok" thing tho, my SO does that and it drives me insane, he just says "k" tho... Aaaarrrggghhhhh!!!! So you're not alone there.

I really hope you get this sorted out. You're not alone in this, we are here to support you when you need it. Good luck xxx

Comment

Take a deep breath, put the phone down and do something you enjoy....

One of the things I have learnt is there is nothing worse then that urge to send a million messages, or keep checking for a response to things.

really shitty that work has mucked up again though hope you can plan another time for the visit in due course!

Comment

Originally posted by p_b82 View Post
                    Take a deep breath, put the phone down and do something you enjoy....

One of the things I have learnt is there is nothing worse then that urge to send a million messages, or keep checking for a response to things.

really shitty that work has mucked up again though hope you can plan another time for the visit in due course!
                    I hope so too. I'm just really scared that we won't get to meet for a long time or that he no longer wants to be with me anymore. Ughhhhh all these bad thoughts keep swirling in my head

Comment

Breath.....Breath...
                      I'm sure you both will meet, it just takes time is all. It's hard now, but imagine how great it'll be to meet! =)

Comment

Catastrophizing isn't gonna help, indeed. Take good care of yourself and see what happens before you draw conclusions. Best of luck

~
                        It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                        A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                        The hands of the many must join as one
                        And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Sorry to hear this I'm sure you'll get another chance in the near future. It will happen if you're both determined to make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn26 View Post
                            Oh no how awful, I hope you guys sort things out!

It seems a lot if us are going through the same kind of thing at the moment, I just did something very similar. I missed my SO again last night when he got home from work, I tired so hard to stay awake but the daft sod left his phone at work so had to go back and get it. I woke this morning and again no good morning text from him and I do understand he's tired, he just worked a triple shift, but it hurts that he couldn't send a text before he crashed. I just sent him a massive rambling text about how I'm not dealing with this very well and I need this and I need that... He's gonna love waking up to that!!! I wish I could take it back now.

I think the other factors going on sometimes make us deal with things in not such a great way. We are human though, it's really tough being in a LDR and we need to give ourselves a break sometimes. I totally get the "ok" thing tho, my SO does that and it drives me insane, he just says "k" tho... Aaaarrrggghhhhh!!!! So you're not alone there.
                            I do the exact same thing, I think being ahead in time of our partners makes things much harder, like my gf is in the USA, I am in the UK, and for most of my waking day she is still asleep or busy in class, and so if something is bothering me I tend to brew on it all day, send a million texts, get frustrated with no reply and sometimes regret them and then send more texts, and by the time she wakes up she has a barrage of whinging texts to deal with! Then by the time she is free and out of class I am in bed for the night, urgh

It does really annoy me when I try and write out what I consider to be a really reasonable message explaining how I am feeling, and either it is ignored altogether or I just get an 'ok' .

Comment

I'm so glad it's not just me!!!! I often think I have the raw end of the deal too. He wakes up and I'm always about, he gets to say goodnight to me at his dinner time the he has the evening free to do with as he pleases! If he goes to sleep at midnight I'm usually up by then so he gets to say goodnight too. Lucky devil. He doesn't know he's born!!! Hahahahahahaha!!!

We've just had a long chat. I cried, he felt like crap, we are both horribly frustrated by life at the moment. It's so hard, but he did say he loves me to death and hates to see me upset. I was awful to him in my text this morning and I feel terrible about it. His valentine gift to me went missing in the post and I accused him of lying and not even sending one. I'm so awful sometimes but he's been terribly slack with the cards and stuff lately. I had nothing from him for Christmas or when I was in hospital and recovering from surgery so it's not me just being a brat, it's unresolved issues I've swallowed that have come back and bitten us hard.

Moral of the story is... COMMUNICATE. Don't leave things to fester. Best to get them out in the open early before they become a big problem. Hope everything gets sorted soon OP xxxxx

Comment

Working...
                              X