X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relationship deadline?

Hi everybody

Would you continue a relationship even though it has a deadline? (It could be for any reason.)
    Or would you rather break up before the moment comes?

I don't understand this. Why would a relationship have a deadline?

Comment

There was a poster on here a few weeks back maybe that was in a relationship where the other person had given a deadline. My response to that was no. What's the situation here?? I'm not sure that will change my opinion though. Like Snow_girl said, why would it have a deadline?
      "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
        I don't understand this. Why would a relationship have a deadline?
        For example.. Because of one moving abroad permanently and both not wanting a LDR

Comment

If both do not wish to have an LDR..no I'm sorry I could not willingly guve all of myself to someone just to have to take it back by the said deadline.
          "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Originally posted by Cristiana View Post
            For example.. Because of one moving abroad permanently and both not wanting a LDR
            Then I think it would be silly to enter a relationship full knowing that it wasn't going to progress past a certain date. Unless you are under 20, then yes. You shouldn't be thinking about relationships ending in marriage when you are that young.

Comment

I was once in a bit of a weird situation, I had a thing with a guy who lived abroad but was over for the summer. He had just broken up with his girlfriend before he came over so I guess I was his rebound girl. It was a sweet summer fling... nothing too serious but we had a good time. About 10 days before he was due to go home he decided he was going to try and get together with his ex when he goes back. It was confusing but then we decided to play it out till the end. And it was nice, I like those memories. I guess it can work if you don't take it too seriously.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Yeah, for a fling it could work, but for a serious relationship? No way. You can't just work up to a deadline and then drop everything you've had just like that.

~
                It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                The hands of the many must join as one
                And together we'll cross the river

Comment

I would not enter such a relationship unless I was just looking for a little fun. Otherwise, I don't see why the relationship should have an end date unless one of us were dying.
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                  - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
                    Then I think it would be silly to enter a relationship full knowing that it wasn't going to progress past a certain date.
                    Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                    I would not enter such a relationship unless I was just looking for a little fun. Otherwise, I don't see why the relationship should have an end date unless one of us were dying.
                    Of course if you know it from the start, but I talked about something like "We're in a relationship for X months / X years and just now we got to know about this "deadline". What should we do? Break up or continue this relationship untill the end of it?"

Im not talking about the possible reasons behind this, I just wanted to know your opinions.

Comment

I could do it if there weren't much emotion in it. And I were younger. If I'd been serious about the relationship only to find he wasn't, I'd walk away. That's just delaying some inevitable hurt.
                      "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Originally posted by merlinkitty View Post
                        I could do it if there weren't much emotion in it. And I were younger. If I'd been serious about the relationship only to find he wasn't, I'd walk away. That's just delaying some inevitable hurt.
                        But that deadline doesnt mean he isnt serious about the relationship

Comment

Originally posted by Cristiana View Post
                          But that deadline doesnt mean he isnt serious about the relationship
                          How could it be serious in this situation though? Thats what I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around.

Comment

If my SO said, "We have a deadline until our relationship is over," I'd spare myself the further agony and walk away. I wouldn't put myself through the pain. I couldn't. I really couldn't. Even the thought of it scares me.

Comment

Anything serious doesn't have a deadline, so the question is kind of moot. Anything with a deadline is a fling, nothing more, and if both people realize that, by all means continue it til the end and have some fun, and end it as friends. If you develop feelings, then you have to walk away, that's really the only option. Why would anyone put themselves through that kind of hurt otherwise?

If you're with someone who is leaving, and not interested in LD or continuing with you, you walk. If you don't, any pain and problems that come of it, is your own fault.
                              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X