X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cristiana View Post
    But that deadline doesnt mean he isnt serious about the relationship
    I'd still be out. At that point I'd be looking out for myself, which is what he's doing by giving it a deadline. And yeah, just the mere idea of a deadline means he's not serious. He may have feelings. But having feelings doesn't mean serious. Serious means sticking it out, LDR or not.
    Last edited by merlinkitty; February 22, 2015, 12:50 PM.
    "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

I would be out regardless of the reasons the other person had for putting a timeline.

Actually, SO once said something like we couldn't go on forever, which upset me very much as I took it as he was breaking up, and I think for him it became something that made him aware that what we had did NOT have a timeline.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Ugh. I guess nobody really understood what I meant with this thread.
        I dont want to share anything personal so I thought of generalizing, but I ve been misunderstood so doesnt matter

Comment

I think this question can possibly be more interesting than y'all are giving it credit for.

If you met someone you fell head over heels with and you could have a perfect relationship knowing it would only last x amount of time, would you still get into it?

Let's say for the sake of the argument, you'd be unlikely to ever find someone you could be that happy with while it lasts.

Originally posted by merlinkitty View Post
          I could do it if there weren't much emotion in it. And I were younger. If I'd been serious about the relationship only to find he wasn't, I'd walk away. That's just delaying some inevitable hurt.
          It is delaying inevitable hurt, but in the meantime you had the best time of your life.

I would probably do it. Would it suck? yes. Would I be heart broken? YES. But I guess under certain circumstances it can definitely be worth it.

edited:
          This is a purely theoretical situation. In practise I can't think of an inevitable deal breaker that would justify giving the relationship an end date but still allowed be to be happy while it lasts. I don't believe that someone who gave the relationship an end date would make me happier than anyone else.
          Last edited by Dziubka; February 22, 2015, 01:12 PM.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Originally posted by Cristiana View Post
            Ugh. I guess nobody really understood what I meant with this thread.
            I dont want to share anything personal so I thought of generalizing, but I ve been misunderstood so doesnt matter
            I don't know what you expect if you refuse to give anyone background info.

Comment

I can see what the pp is saying, but I still wouldn't do it. But that's just me. That's my preference
              "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Originally posted by Dziubka View Post
                I think this question can possibly be more interesting than y'all are giving it credit for.

If you met someone you fell head over heels with and you could have a perfect relationship knowing it would only last x amount of time, would you still get into it?

Let's say for the sake of the argument, you'd be unlikely to ever find someone you could be that happy with while it lasts.

It is delaying inevitable hurt, but in the meantime you had the best time of your life.

I would probably do it. Would it suck? yes. Would I be heart broken? YES. But I guess under certain circumstances it can definitely be worth it.

edited:
                This is a purely theoretical situation. In practise I can't think of an inevitable deal breaker that would justify giving the relationship an end date but still allowed be to be happy while it lasts.
                Having done something similar myself, I wouldn't. Sounds romantic. Frankly it sucks. That's a romance movie idea. Reality is much different.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X