No announcement yet.

Need your opinion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome! The music is great, really works well together!

Comment

It's so heartfelt. =] I love it. <3

Comment

That was very good! Are you considering a career in animation or something? Because that was some very good claymation!

I'm sure he'll love it...very ingenious plan for Valentine's Day!
        National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

I love this! I'm sure he'll be able to tell how much time you put into it. Very cute. ^^ And the music is perfect. =D

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac62 View Post
            That was very good! Are you considering a career in animation or something? Because that was some very good claymation!

I'm sure he'll love it...very ingenious plan for Valentine's Day!

Umm actually no! lol. I'm a Dental Hygienist with a creative side For some reason "try a claymation" popped into my head when thinking of valentines gifts a month ago. So this was the first one I have ever made.

I'm hoping to 'continue' our story with clay. First time we met, etc.

I had a blast working on it.. but I don't want to set a due date for it next time. Just far too much pressure for a hobby.

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful comments! I'll be sure to let you know what he thinks 12 days to go!
            Just be glad we made it here alive
            On a spinning ball in the middle of space

Comment

Anyone else really looking forward to Valentine's Day just to hear what his reaction is? I am!
              In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
              Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
              Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
              My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Wellll guys, sadly enough Steve has yet to even see my video.

During Jan/Feb. we were having some communication problems (not the first time, I thought it would be something that would just take some adjustment as he became super busy with life, etc.). I had a heart to heart with him on Wednesday, and since then everything was great. Talking daily.. little texts even when he was busy, etc. I couldn't have been happier. Oddly enough when I brought up plans for Valentines on Saturday (he knows I just wanted to cam so I could see him watch the video!<-- which he still knows nothing about), he wouldn't give me a straight answer as to whether we would be able to cam, talk, w/e.

Well Valentines passes and I didn't hear a thing..... Today passes (15th).. and I still didn't hear anything. Obviously, being crazy emotional at first over the fact he missed valentines.. I texted him a few times. I even called him and left a voice mail (We don't call as international rates are insane).

So.... I sat back and really looked at my situation tonight. I'm turning 26, he's turning 21... My life is complete (except for a husband. lol), where his is just getting started. We both always said there would be tough times that would come our way, but we would make it work. He always stated many times "It will always work out". To not harass him, I decided to write him this letter tonight. Strangely enough a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders after I hit Send. "Working" for a relationship is a biggg stressor. Now its in his hands (see letter below).

So.. .I hate to tell you guys I don't have a awesome response of his from seeing the video. I'm sure this is just another speedbump of our relationship that we have to cross, but I'm really hopeful my letter clues him in a bit. If not, I want my next love to actually talk to me on Valentines! lol

"Steve,

I guess it's time to email you.

I'm not one to try and hound you to death with a barrage of texts, IM's, calls, etc. I don't think it's respectful or necessary. You're an adult and if you want to talk to me you will.

I will say that after our conversation on Wednesday, I was really happy with how things were going. You were making an effort to talk to me even though you were busy, and even if it was just a few texts msgs it really made my day. (lol, I remember going into work the next day just to tell Stef that I was so happy )

As you said, our relationship won't be like any other relationship because it's not!

Distance makes things that are easier in a regular relationship so f'n difficult, communication being #1 on that list. I understand there are going to be times where we are both insanely busy and communication will be next to impossible, but we have to find something that will work for our relationship and keep us both happy.

This is why after Wednesday I was so thrilled! You found a way to still communicate even while at the gym/shopping, etc. I really respected you for this and thank you.

Now, my point:

Today I msg'd you a lot. I was in shock you actually missed Valentines Day! Not for the day itself, but I had stated to you at least three times before yesterday that I was excited to see you open your gift. I'm not a materialistic girl and it wouldn't have bothered me in the least if you weren't able to buy me anything for Valentines. I put a ton of effort into making your gift and you didn't have the decency to come online and show me a smile when you watched my creation. I know you kept saying, "your gift isn't even in yet”, but for you to completely ignore me on such a love filled day over a gift that hasn't come is completely ridiculous. You also said multiple times that you didn't know if you would be able to talk on Valentines, as if you possibly had plans? Personally all I wanted was to be able to see you, even if that means over a webcam.

A text msg to say "Sorry babe, I'm out with friends. Can't talk tonight. Is it ok if we have Valentines tomorrow?" would have been enough to ease my mind.

With all of this combined it appears that you may not be happy with things right now. (I know I'm not… hence the email) I know you said everything was ok with 'us' for you regardless of if we speak or not… well for me it's definitely not.

It seems as though you have lost respect for our relationship as well as my feelings. Makes me think back to when we were reading "He's Just Not That Into You"…. maybe it's about time I read that damn book again.

As much as I truly and wholeheartedly love you Steve, I know I won't be able to put my life on hold and wait here until your life gets started, unless priority and respect is made for our relationship and myself. It will be extremely hard to balance everything, but I've always been supportive of you and will continue to be as long as the same respect and supportive nature is reciprocated.

I don't want anything in this email to sound accusing or presumptuous. This is just how the situation is appearing to me. I wanted to speak to you about this over Skype, but it doesn't seem like camming is an option.

I'm personally going to step back from our relationship until I hear from you. There is no need for me to continue to 'work' at this when our relationship goals may not be the same right now.

I really want you to take a look at our situation from different viewpoints. Decide whether your love is strong enough to make you want to put in the effort our relationship needs to work. I do trust that we both love each other immensely… but if you're not happy, it's not fair to either of us.

~S"
                Just be glad we made it here alive
                On a spinning ball in the middle of space

Comment

Oh, I'm really sorry to hear this! Even if I play out every option in my mind (internet glitch, phone dead etc.), it's still odd he didn't notify you at all! I hope that it turns out to be a misunderstanding or that he at least explains to you why he didn't have time to text/call you.

It reminds me of last Valentine's Day, that my husband forgot about as well (we were living together then). I'd made plans and he was okay with going for a walk etc. (even though he hadn't realized it would be Valentine's), but then, he didn't even bother to get up in the morning (I had a nice breakfast planned etc.) I was so pissed off, I just left him sleeping and went to visit my mother. He called me soon after I got there but I was so mad I didn't answer. When he called my mom, he said he really needed to talk to me urgently and he needed me to come home. It turned out that his grandmother had died on that very day. So, of course, I returned at once and forgot about the whole thing. But it still stings when I think about that he completely forgot... no matter what you may think of Valentine's Day or where you are in the world, a text/email or short phone call is not too much to ask, I'd say.

Comment

That's adorable! So sweet!

Comment

I hope you can sort this out soon!

Comment

Awwwww I'm sorry. I hope he's ok and nothing bad hasn't happened that's prevented him from contacting you...

Your mail said it all really, I hope you can sort out things soon and continue being as happy as you were on Wednesday ♥

Let us know what's happening, we're here to support you!

Comment

*massive hugs*
                          I'm impressed how strong you sound in your e-mail. I hope he will understand wha he's about to lose and puts some effort in!
                          Oh dear, guys can be hopeless sometimes. Or lazy. And distance is a killer then.
                          I really hope you get a reply soon, explaining everything!

*massive hugs vol.2*

Comment

D: I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope you two sort this out soon. As soon as he sees that animation I bet he'll understand why you wanted to see his reaction on Valentine's day.

Comment

Please correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't a claymation take an insane amount of time to make? Like you have to do a pose take the shot do the next take a shot and then run it all together? I know that is not quite right but it's the only way I can think to put it. Either way I can understand why you would be upset. I hope, much like Tanja said, that everything turns out alright and it is not something horribly wrong that didn't let him contact you. *big hugs and props for being mature and not mean in the email* Hopefully there is a good explanation.

Comment

Please correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't a claymation take an insane amount of time to make? Like you have to do a pose take the shot do the next take a shot and then run it all together?
                                Yes, it does. x_x I had to make one for biology class in 9th grade, and my partner didn't show up so I basically did the whole thing by myself. It took fooooreeeever! And it's even harder without a tripod but fcbella made it work very nicely. =)

Comment

Working...
                                X