Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is my "philosophy" on love, please read and share with me your thoughts :) thnx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my "philosophy" on love, please read and share with me your thoughts :) thnx

To whom that is reading this: love. Love no matter what. I know it's not that simple, I know that love always has its ups and downs, but love. Love the person(s) that you care about more than anything and they'll love you back. Show them the meaning of YOUR love. You can't keep hurting yourself because of the past. It's the past that makes us who we are, not who we will always be. People change, lives change because of love. Sex is not love, it is but a small part in the devotion of love for the other. Few people truly understand anymore what love is really all about, but I do. Love is the feeling you get when you blush while thinking of them. Love is when you say I love you and expect an I love you back. It's the feeling you get when you are away from him/her and it hurts you on the inside. I've felt all of this, from from her. I've made her cry tears of joy, and she's made me do the same. I'm the luckiest person alive, I truly am. To have someone that I care so much for, and cares so much for me as well. Sometimes I think I don't deserve her, her beauty, her care, or her love. But I love her, and I'll never stop loving her. If you are in love, then show that person your love. Express your love, and if they deny you then they don't deserve you. You're beautiful just the way you are, never forget these words of love, cause I know I won't. ;D

~The person who cares about your love

Ehm, sorry, but this reads really condescendingly. Do you realize how insulting it sounds when you say "Few people truly understand anymore what love is really all about, but I do"? Love works differently for everyone, and making such a blanket statement about it is both insulting and naive. "Love the person(s) that you care about more than anything and they'll love you back" is also blatantly wrong, because the reality of life is that just because you fall for someone doesn't mean they will fall for you too. That's not how individuals and their feelings work. You can't MAKE someone love you by loving them hard enough. It's perfectly valid and okay when someone just doesn't feel that way about you, they're not somehow a worse person for it. Also, sex isn't part of love for everyone, because asexuals/abstinent people exist and they can be just as happy with love.

Ya know, I'm glad you are happy, but dial it down. You are going all the way from "happy and wanting to show it to everyone" to "happy and shoving your supposedly amazing insight onto everyone". You are not the love guru, so don't act as if you are. A healthy love is something that makes everyone involved mutually happy on their individual terms, that's as much of a blanket statement as you can make about it before people will start having vastly different views. Great philosophers, thinkers, psychologists and scientists have tried to define love for thousands of years now, and we still don't have one single definition (and likely never will, considering how complex people are) - What makes you think YOU got the one true answer? Chill out, enjoy your relationship honeymoon, and stop trying to speak for everyone.

~
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle
    The hands of the many must join as one
    And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Without wanting to be all bitter and cynical - but sorry at 15 you have a lot of life to live before you can start to tell people what love is and isn't.

Are you aware of the different 'styles' of love of how it can be displayed, do you know about 'love languages'?

Do you know that love doesn't conquer all, and there is a difference of 'being in love' with some-one and 'loving' some-one?

and that love can exist and be a beacon one day, and be gone less than a month later?

don't get me wrong, I am happy for you that you feel that way, it is wonderful; but keep the misguided 'advice' to yourself please.

Comment

I had no idea what love was until I met my SO. Who also happened to be my third boyfriend. And I'm only 21 and still have a lot to learn. It's great you feel that way. But for me, loving someone more than anything when I was 15 got me a broken heart and an ex boyfriend. Then, at 19 got my (ex) boyfriend a broken heart and an ex girlfriend. I think the best thing about love is that there are absolutely no words to describe it. And that's okay with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorkel787 View Post
          Love is when you say I love you and expect an I love you back.
          I would say the exact opposite to this, love is loving someone, no matter whether they love you back or not. It's not expected that they reciprocate, but it's a privilege (that you often have to earn) if they do.
          Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
          First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

I'm sure your intentions are good, and that you've think you've got this "love" thing all figured out, but at 15, you've still got a lot to learn. You're going to find that your philosophy is quite flawed as you get older.
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCat View Post
              I would say the exact opposite to this, love is loving someone, no matter whether they love you back or not. It's not expected that they reciprocate, but it's a privilege (that you often have to earn) if they do.
              I agree with BlueCat, not expecting to get it back is actually what makes love so strong. If my husband had forced me to say I loved him when he said he loved me, we would not be married right now :P

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
              First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
              Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
              Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
              Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
              Married: 1/24/2015
              Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCat View Post
                THIS! ^^

When my SO told me she loved me, I did not say it back. Did she love me no matter what? Absolutely! That's love.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                Married April 18th, 2015!!
                Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

And that's the thing about life. As soon as you think you've got something figured out, life goes and throws a wrench in things and turns your world upside down.
                  "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

I appreciate your views, OP.

But at 15, I had no clue what love (asides from parent to child) was. At 22, I'm still discovering.

And this following paragraph sums it up for me.

“Love is a temporary madness, it erupts like volcanoes and then subsides. And when it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion, it is not the desire to mate every second minute of the day, it is not lying awake at night imagining that he is kissing every cranny of your body. … That is just being ‘in love’, which any fool can do. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Those that truly love have roots that grow towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms have fallen from their branches, they find that they are one tree and not two.”

Comment

I think it's quite cute. Makes me wish I wasn't as old and cynical as I am now!

Comment

I feel old but not really cynical. They say statistically, the "quarralsome" people are more likely to survive over the years, because as long as they are not downright mean they willl raise any important issue and not get any built up resentment. Those who are gentle and don't raise issues will just quietly slip away from another and never know why being polite didn't work. I am a mean bitch who never lets an issue lie and that is why I have been with my husand almost 11 years, and he still likes me and I adore him.

And also, sex is really important and one of the best ways to connect as a couple. When you relax sexually you potentionally open up to a whole range of other things as well. After a couple of years the sex changes and gets more "personal" and especially suited to the couple... I find the sex changes and gets more interesting every couple of years or so.
                        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                          And also, sex is really important and one of the best ways to connect as a couple. When you relax sexually you potentionally open up to a whole range of other things as well. After a couple of years the sex changes and gets more "personal" and especially suited to the couple... I find the sex changes and gets more interesting every couple of years or so.
                          OP's 15.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianGirl View Post
                            OP's 15.
                            That makes me hopeful for the experience to come.
                            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
                            X