ugh this day..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ugh this day..

so today everything started out great. went to church (amazing) had lunch with my nana. then went to do laundry and lost my keys at the laundry mat. had to call my ex bf becuase my nana couldnt help me break into my house (i have really high windows and she's old) and my mom doesnt have a car and i have no friends here ( i hate it its so lonely). then my bf and i rent a movie together but his sister is in the room the whole time so we couldnt talk and laugh together the way we usually do. after the movie he went out and here i sit alone. seeing my ex reminded me i used to have friends.my ex and i were friend before we were together and i really miss my friend. but my bf doesnt want us to hang out. which i understand. but i stay home alone while he goes out...i mean i get his feelings but what about my happiness? he goes out all the time and here i sit alone. i know he would stay home for me but i dont want him to stay home FOR me i want him to stay home WITH me. you know what i mean? i want him to want to.

*Hugs* I can't be helpful, but I know how you feel. Perhaps you could try meeting new people. Meetup.com is good for that, you pick hobbies you're into and they tell you what groups are doing that in your area, and it's free unless you want to run your own group.
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
      *Hugs* I can't be helpful, but I know how you feel. Perhaps you could try meeting new people. Meetup.com is good for that, you pick hobbies you're into and they tell you what groups are doing that in your area, and it's free unless you want to run your own group.
      I agree with this. Find something that interests you and meet some people Try joining an activity with people.

Comment

Agree with Zephii and Paula - got to keep busy - otherwise it takes you a piece at a time. I've got a list a page long of things I do when I get like this and I just work my way down the list. It includes ringing friends, family, FB updates, hobbies, work stuff, home stuff, kids, a ton of regular internet pages I look at.

Comment

thanks everyone ive been here a year and i guess im just missing my real friends. its just getting old being here.

Comment

I hear you
            Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

There's no reason not to make new 'real' friends where you are, though. If you're seriously miserable in the social department, paw through the paper or local news sites to see what activities they have going on that interest you such as volunteering at an animal shelter, small local festivals, that sort of thing. Meet people there and even if you don't make bonds, you meet people and feel better for having done at least that. Or if you're a regular at a certain cafe location or restaurant/store/whatever, talk to the employees. I've made friends just by going to one craft store location on the weekend a bunch over time and made friends with people at my local coffee shop for being a regular and holding small talk. Eventually it grows. It's easy to be jealous of your SO for having a social life, but green's not really a color you can wear all the time, you know?

Comment

I know how you feel, when I went on my exchange year, I literally knew NO-ONE, I knew a few of the boys I was going with by association, but they weren't friends you know? I made friends with most of them pretty quickly, but in order to make some american friends, I really had to put myself out there- going out with my roommate, joining clubs etc I'm usually shy around new people and probably appear snobby because I don't talk much to start with, but if you make an effort to meet and be friendly people, you'll find most people will respond to that.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

thanks agin everyone. guess i didnt explain very well the whole friends situation here. for awhile i had to awesome girlfriends that i worked with. one (ill call her alli) turned out to be a really self absorbed person who i trusted and just hurt me. she also has a bad drinking problem and had to take a leave from work from doing something really awful to herself while she was drunk. at first i thought i could be there for her but she is so self absorbed she doesnt need me and while we still talk i just cant be around someone who isnt genuine. the second girl became upset becuase i was called before her when alli had the drunken incident. i work about 50-60 hours a week and im gone from 5am to 8pm m-f. anywho lol i feel like im giving a billion excuses!

i have alot of friends in my hometown and they are good people so for me coming here and meeting these people is just ugh. haha anyway. thats my issue. i really like the volunteering thing though guys!! ive even considered a part time job on the weekends. thanks again ladies!!

Comment

I understand. It is lonely when you switch to LDR. Have you tried widening your circle? It may be helpful to get more homies to hang with so the ex isn't the only one you feel compelled to hang out with.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Working...
                    X