Love Languages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love Languages.

So far we've been doing long distance for about 5 months, and we have about 3 years and 3 months to go. His love language is quality time, mine is physical touch. I can meet his love language by spending time skyping with him. He can only meet mine once a month when I fly down to be with him. How do I cope in the mean time? My love tank gets empty and I doubt that he even cares (I know he does, very deeply). My job wears me down and I don't have that love through physical touch to build me back up. Has anyone experienced this? Do you have any tips on how I can make it through?

for those unfamiliar with the love languages: physical touch is thinks like hugs, cuddling, hand holding, those kinds of things. You can get physical touch from family and friends, it doesn't have to be romantic!
    Last edited by oinkpig329; March 10, 2015, 08:53 PM.

Originally posted by oinkpig329 View Post
    So far we've been doing long distance for about 5 months, and we have about 3 years and 3 months to go. His love language is quality time, mine is physical touch. I can meet his love language by spending time skyping with him. He can only meet mine once a month when I fly down to be with him. How do I cope in the mean time? My love tank gets empty and I doubt that he even cares (I know he does, very deeply). My job wears me down and I don't have that love through physical touch to build me back up. Has anyone experienced this? Do you have any tips on how I can make it through?

for those unfamiliar with the love languages: physical touch is thinks like hugs, cuddling, hand holding, those kinds of things. You can get physical touch from family and friends, it doesn't have to be romantic!
    I also have physical touch as my main love language. I find that talking/ writing about touch helps LD, and also looking deep into each others eyes on Skype.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Based on DC's comment, I understand a little better what you meant now. Ever heard of an app called Couple? It's available on the Apple store, and the Android store, I think. It has a "Thumbkiss" option, basically you can touch each other's fingers on the screen and the phone vibrates and the screen turns red. Daft, but it is kinda cute.

Comment

The Viber app also have lots of emicons to show physical touch. I get very happy whenever I get one of my fav emicons! It feels like getting a hug.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by Honour View Post
          Based on DC's comment, I understand a little better what you meant now. Ever heard of an app called Couple? It's available on the Apple store, and the Android store, I think. It has a "Thumbkiss" option, basically you can touch each other's fingers on the screen and the phone vibrates and the screen turns red. Daft, but it is kinda cute.
          YES!! I LOVE Couple's Thumbkiss feature especially since my love language can be a little more physical at times. I love playing with that features because it's cute and you both have your finger on the same spot on the screen so it always makes me smile. I have a special pillow I always cuddle with that is designated as my cuddle pillow and when I'm sad I think about it being my boyfriend and I cuddle with it.

Comment

That's my love language too. I find that when we talk about touching each other it helps a lot. The imagination can be a very strong thing! The other thing I try to do is make sure that I appreciate every hug or touch that I get from my close friends. Their love supports me, too.
            My ticker will go here one of these days...

Comment

Working...
            X