Feel so Low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feel so Low

My partner and I havnt been in a long distance relationship for long, before this we were inseparable. I feel so low, so lonley, don't feel like I can cope, but I feel like its a competition to get my feels across,l. I text him saying that I needed him ( I knew he'd be in bed) a few hours later I got a reply of I need you more, not asking what was wrong or calling me. I feel like we are constantly arguing and I don't know if I can do this

I'm personally having a communication issue right now and this is something we all have to work on. You both need to remember neither of you are mind readers. With the facial cues gone, you need to use your words to tell each other what you need and what you feel. When I tell my SO I miss him I get one of two responses. Either "Of course you do. You're only human," or "I miss you too." When you told him you needed him, that is literally all you told him. You didn't say "I need you and I need you to call me," or "I need you and I'm really upset right now." Helping him "see" your face will help him respond more appropriately.

Now this goes two ways. When you say "I miss you and I need you to call me," he needs to respond in some manner that shows he's reacting to your request. Before I tell you that you may not be cut out for long distance, I will tell you to approach him directly and tell him you both need to work on your communication skills, because while "I need you more" is cute, sometimes you need something of more substance. Where a hug is not available, learn to use your communication skills to talk through these feelings you are having.
    "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

I don't know, a whole, "I need you more" thing would mean the world to me..
      I agree with MK
      "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

merlinkitty has a point. Comunication is different when you are away, you need to spell out what you want and what you feel and never assume the other person will know what you mean. Also, reach out. If you need to talk to him, call him, don't be afraid to actively seek things you need.

Distance is difficult and sometimes we all feel like we can't make it, but in the end we call our SO and we hear their voice and it gets better, even if for a while. It helps if you are busy, if you are living your life and not thinking about how much you miss the other person.

In the end it's all worth while, because if you get through the long distance your relationship will be stronger than ever.
        “We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love.”
        ― Robert Fulghum, True Love

Met UK 3.08.2012-5.08.12 ->UK 1.12.12-3.12.12->PL 8.02.13-16.02.13->PL 1.06.13-9.06.13->UK 3.08.13-17.08.13->UK 26.10.2013-02.11.2013->PL 30.11.2013-08.12.2013->PL 22.03.2014-29.03.2014->UK 31.05.2014-07.06.2014->PL 06.09.2014-13.09.13->UK 20.12.2014-03.01.2015
        Closed the distance >21.03.2015
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X