Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wondering if i'm becoming a bad girlfriend..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wondering if i'm becoming a bad girlfriend..

Hello, I've been thinking for the past few days whether i'm being a bad girlfriend.. I haven't been able to spend time together with my boyfriend that much this week, mostly because each time I get home from practical training i'm feeling exhausted and just want to sleep..

My mom died 1 year ago and I'm not sure if that's one of the things that cause me to be tired and that I have low metabolism..

I do want to spend time with him and each time we start on something I end up almost falling asleep because I'm that exhausted..

Meh.. I don't know anymore.. I just feel like i'm dissapointing him..

I'm really sorry about your mom, that can definitely affect you in many ways.

Have you talked to him about this? How do you manage weekend time with him? You may just need more time, grief is a slow process. Also, quality, not quantity is important, if you can't manage it every single day, that's OK. Just make sure he understands this has nothing to do with him, have a conversation that assures him, and I'm sure you'll get his support. You aren't a bad girlfriend, you're just going through some things, it happens to all of us.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I did try and talk with him about this, but one of the things he said was that I might be overthinking it all. I tend to overthink things often normally.. so guess it might make sense?
      We usually spend the weekend together, watching movies, videos, playing games, being on cam together at night.. And go to bed around 4-6 am.
      He understand that it got nothing to do with him.. Tried talking with him a few mins ago.. He do respect me and do tell me to rest/sleep if I need to..

Comment

You aren't a bad girlfriend at all. Why? Because you actually WANT to spend time with him and you are TRYING. My boyfriend is just like you. He's tired a lot and is busy with work and he just recently lost a buddy of his. I don't get to talk to him much because of those things but that doesn't mean he's a bad boyfriend. He's trying real hard to get time to talk to me and I'm sure you feel the same way about your SO. You just have things getting in the way of that and like Moon says this happens to all of us.

Comment

Thanks to both of you for your replies, they really helped me.. I do feel the same way about him and I love and enjoy spending time together with him..

Thank you, Steel and Moon.

Comment

Working...
          X