Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything changes since closing the distance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything changes since closing the distance?

Hi Guys!

I was just wondering...
    Did anybody who has closed the distance already, noticed any changes in your relationships or in your SO's behaviour?
    Like when you were LD, you would sometimes be insecure about his feeling, but since you've been living together he's been very lovey-dovey and reasuring?

Or has is stayed somewhat the same?

Nothing major has changed for us. We still talk about the same amount that we did when we were LD, we still do about the same things we did before and spend about the same time together as we did before. Some might think it's excessive as we are together from the moment he comes home to the moment we go to bed, but that's how we have been LD as well so, nothing really changed for us.
    I was sure about his feelings before we closed the distance and I feel like getting married has brought us a little closer, because we are now bound together which feels very reassuring, but he did not change the way he expresses his love, not getting any more or less romantic or lovey-dovey, but we do play fight a lot more, because obviously it wasn't as possible when we were LD :P

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Ha! Yeah it's easier to argue when you're physically together I can imagine! But easier to talk about it and get over it as well

Comment

We joke now that it's been xx months since we got married/moved in together/closed the distance, and it's a miracle that we still like each other. Couldn't do that before!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
        Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
        Progress: Working on it.

Comment

I have to say, I am a bit amazed at the amount of time he wants me with him. I like to chill upstairs and get my work done but he wants me with him on the couch even when he is just playing video games. I find it ironic and somewhat shocking how attached to me he is. He will come upstairs and just kiss me and tells that he misses me. Since we moved in and got married he is just a love hugging machine.
          "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Frankly,its been a year the distance is closed (but not for always lol we still have plans of moving around) and! at times LD was easier In terms of you kinda don't argue that much,you close your eyes on many things and so on.I think right now we are out of romantic,pink and fluffy phase and going into something much more stready and serious

Comment

A lot of stuff changed for us. I remember it was really hard. It was a long time ago. But, have a look down in the closing the distance section of the forum, there's a few old threads there that might be helpful.

And sorry I wasn't more helpful. Tired!
              Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

We've been living together for 6 months now and I think our relationship changed alot. Everything is more.. natural somehow. We got to know each other so much more. Unfortunately that means you get to know the less pleasing things too (e.g. that he rather orders takeways 7 days a week than cook a meal^^) but that's what happens in every relationship.
                And I am veryhappy to say that we still cherish time together. We haven't got too used to being around each other. When he leaves for work in the morning he still tells me loves me and sometimes he comes back to give me one more quick kiss as if it was a big goodbye I think we all should use what we learnt through living in a LDR when we close the distance: cherish every moment together

Comment

Working...
                X