Friends in LDRs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friends in LDRs?

Not taking into account people on LFAD that you consider to be friends, have you got any friends who are also in an LDR?

I think they're much more common these days due to the internet. My 2 closest friends are both in LDRs! They're both kinds ddifferent though: one met his SO from America online, but they're yet to meet. The other met his girl at Uni, but she's moving to the other side of the country to continue her studies elsewhere in a few weeks so he's soon to be in an LDR too!

So how about you? Can anyone beat 2?
    In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
    Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
    Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
    My dog Sam ♥

I've got a few:
    - One of the grad students I did research with, the nearest job her boyfriend could find was 4 hours away (Virginia to West Virginia).
    - A good friend's boyfriend just left to study abroad in the Ticino region of Switzerland.
    - I have four friends separated by varying distances (from 4-5 hours to a day's worth of travel) due to attending different universities (three both within the state of Virginia, one from Ohio to New Jersey).
    - A friend who is married, but finishing up her last year of university in Montana, while her husband is living and training for the army in Oklahoma

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

Alas, I cannot beat two, but I'm friends with someone on WoW who's also in an LDR. It's nice because I've been able to coach them and help them figure out things they need to do to look at visas and whatnot. It's sweet. ^^

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

hmm lets see xD
        ok so one of my friends is in a LDR (he's only about 1-2hrs away from here but still it does count as an LDR right? O_o). They met on the internet first, chatted for 2-3 years untill they finally met, than it took a while for them to get together but now they are
        One of my bfs best friends (I sorta kinda do consider him as my friend as well now lol) met his gf when he was in Florida at university, but he transfered back to Kentucky (due to whatever reason) so they are in a LDR as well.
        Oh and another of my friends is in a LDR. Her boyfriend is like 2-3hrs away from her. I think they met on vacation cause it was a group of teenagers goin to the same place at the same time every year so they made friends first and than *bang* they were in love ^__^
        I do know another girl, my classmate, her bf is also 1-2hrs away from her. They met through their mutual friend (his ex).
        I guess thats it so far O__o
        So this makes 4? x)

Comment

I had a friend who has been in 4 LDRs. I also met a girl at therapy who's in one and I gave her the url for here but I don't know if she'll join.

Comment

My brother was in an LDR (USA) and my ex-sister in law (UK)

Comment

Never known anyone in an LDR. No one in my group of friends has been in an LDR other than me, so its nice to have this website to talk to people who actually understand

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
                Never known anyone in an LDR. No one in my group of friends has been in an LDR other than me, so its nice to have this website to talk to people who actually understand
                Yeah I get how you feel. All of my friends who are doing the long-distance thing now have just started it, and only two of them are really in the same situation as me, where they won't see their SO for quite some time. I feel like the wise sage one now, but it definitely sucked up until about a month ago, when no one really quite knew what to do with me.

Oh I forgot one, again because it just started: one of my college roommates, her boyfriend just moved to Indiana for law school, and she's in her last year of college here in Virginia.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

I only know one friend in an LDR. Although we're not so close and dont really talk about it much, its nice to know that there's someone who actually understands what you;re going through

Oh, and my friends have ''relationships'' that are somewhat ldr, but meh! In my opinion, they are just messing around and so i wont really acknowledge it as a relationship. lol

Comment

I'm the only one in my circle of friends who has ever been in an LDR. They don't understand what it's like at all, and they think I'm pretty crazy for doing the LDR thing with all of the guys here in my city to choose from.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
                    - A. A. Milne

Comment

None of my friends or family are/have been in a LDR... Which is why I find this site to be my salvation!

Btw Andy's cousin married a girl he met online too! I think it was a cousin, lol.

Comment

One of my friends was in a sort of LDR with someone who lived about 40 away I think....very short distance but still a distance lol I wasnt ever that close to her though so we didnt talk much about, and another friend that I met online generally had LDR's however ive lost contact with him so im not sure if he's still in one
                        <3 My Si Shake

Comment

I have one friend in a LDR, they don't see each other much. About once a year, which makes my situation feel a bit easier. But still my friend doesn't seem to be as much in love with her SO as I am.
                          I mean... her SO is coming this month, then he told her he wanted to visit her in December again, but she told him she would rather use her Christmas vacation to go to Canada. She seems fine with the fact that she then won't see him before April...
                          Guess she doesn't seem like the best support for me. I mean... seriously, I don't care where I am in the world, as long as he's there with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanja View Post
                            None of my friends or family are/have been in a LDR... Which is why I find this site to be my salvation!

Btw Andy's cousin married a girl he met online too! I think it was a cousin, lol.

Oh yeah! I forgot about him! That counts too
                            In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                            Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                            Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                            My dog Sam ♥

Comment

One of my former co-workers is currently in an LDR, but her boyfriend is suppose to be moving here this month.

Comment

Working...
                              X