Thinking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking.

I just got home from spending the week with my so. It was nice. And I'm happy but hate to be back but I feel like I doubt Things alot due to past experiences but how can I get past that and make us stronger. There is alot changing in my life and I don't want him to be one of them.
    Last edited by Irishvixen96; March 20, 2015, 04:23 PM.

Always retain lessons learned from past experiences, but don't use them to immediately prosecute future partners for crimes they haven't committed yet, if that makes sense. As in, your current s/o isn't your exes, so you don't want to treat them as such. You're going to want to keep a positive outlook without completely losing your head in the clouds.
    There's nothing you can do to change the past, and while it's important to make sure certain things from the past aren't repeated, you don't want to use any of it as an excuse to keep from moving forward. Treat each new relationship as the new experience it is, but with the wisdom you've gained. It's also going to be important to work together if you want things to work out. While effort can't always be 50/50, a relationship cannot thrive if only one person is putting in any sort of effort to make the relationship stronger. Communication, especially in an LDR, is absolutely crucial. If you can't communicate effectively with each other, the relationship will eventually undermine itself.
    As far as keeping him in your life during these changes, you're going to need to adapt to the situations as they happen. A lot of it is going to boil down to communication, patience, and just pushing through whatever hardships you're currently going through.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
      Always retain lessons learned from past experiences, but don't use them to immediately prosecute future partners for crimes they haven't committed yet, if that makes sense. As in, your current s/o isn't your exes, so you don't want to treat them as such. You're going to want to keep a positive outlook without completely losing your head in the clouds.
      I think this is one of the best piece's of advice I have ever seen given on here. So true and worded perfectly.
      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Working...
      X