Job Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job Hunting

I am looking for work and have put out several resumes. The fun part - one place I expected no reply from has responded.
    This is not a formal job offer but another step in hiring process...written exam, interview, physical, etc...
    In order to complete these steps I would have to fly out about 3 - 4 more times with no promise of being hired.

So my questions: Anyone else encounter a similar situation? What did you decide to do?
    (I am still applying for other jobs and will consider those offers if they happen)

Flying 3 times just for interviews seems a lot.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I have to agree, that sounds like an awful lot of flying for an interview--especially for a job you're not even guaranteed to get.
      Personally, that would be a huge deterrent for me, because I wouldn't be able to afford that much flying unless I was actually going to get the job. If you are comfortable with everything and feel like the job opportunity is worth it, then more power to you and I really hope it works out for you. If not, then hopefully another opportunity opens up that's a little more reasonable.

Comment

As long as the company is paying all expenses, keep going with it, even if you don't get the job, you'll gain a lot of experience. I've known many people who've had to fly a few times for interviews, it's not that unusual.
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

When I was moving cross-country, I did phone interviews for everything. I know of a few companies that will do a video call for an interview if you are far away. I could see flying out for a final interview but not 3 or 4 times.
          To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Thanks for your replies. The employer has on site testing that has to be done. If it were just an interview I would request it be by video or phone.
            The reason I am considering this process is that it would mean the chance for me to permanently close the distance and be with my husband.

Comment

Working...
            X