Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the possible ways to do video conversations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the possible ways to do video conversations?

Hi guys. I'm new here. I'm in a long distance relationship with a guy living in Colombia (I live in Canada) since 3 months and things are pretty serious between us. The best moments of my days are when I get the chance to speak with him. But I have a problem: I can't Skype with him because I don't have a webcam and we can't do FaceTime neither because he doesn't have any Apple device. So I'm wondering.

Is there any possible ways to do video conversation with something else than Skype & FaceTime?

I don't think I understand. You don't have a webcam so you can't skype but you have an apple product? You can use Skype on your apple product ipod/iphone/ipad. But there are also things like Oovoo, I believe google hangouts also does video chatting

Comment

If you don't have a webcam you can use your cell phone/tablet if it has a camera. Skype is downloadable on android and most devices. An app called Line also has free video calls and free international text messaging. Another app called Whatsapp is good for media sharing...selfie's, recorded video and voice, songs, etc. It also has free international text messaging but no videos calls I think. If you both don't have cell phones/tablets (with cameras) or webcams then its going to be very hard. But I think you can pick up just a base level webcam for super cheap if you shop around online.

Here is an HD one for under $10 USD used 20 new:
      https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Live...912934&sr=1-14

Here is one for less than $2:
      https://www.amazon.com/Black-MegaPix...6913015&sr=1-4

Hope any of this helps!

Comment

My iPod is an old one, which means I can't download Skype on it. But thank you for your answer.

Comment

Thank you for your answer! I'll try what you suggested me. <3

Comment

Skype, ooVoo, and Tango are three popular video chat apps that I know of and they are all free. Video chat is also available through the Facebook Messenger app.

Comment

Working...
            X