Need some help. Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help. Please

Last. Night my S/O told me that he feels like our relationship isn't progressing. He talked to one of our mutal friends I'm afraid of what he might be. Thinking he is saying that a part of me is scared and pushing him away . I want. Our relationship to stay strong but when I asked were he wants it to go he said he dosnt know right now. How can we get over this rough patch together. I love him very much. I asked if he could make Time for us to really talk.

I think you just need to talk about it really. Find time when you both can sit down and talk for a decent amount of time so you're both on the same page and understand what you both need/want out of the relationship and how you both feel. Unless you're on the same page there could be some miscommunication, which can cause a whole bunch of other problems. It's important to be open and clear in your expectations for the relationship. It's okay to not know exactly what you want right now, but if that's the case then you, or him, need to understand that and decide what is best for the two of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah96 View Post
      I think you just need to talk about it really. Find time when you both can sit down and talk for a decent amount of time so you're both on the same page and understand what you both need/want out of the relationship and how you both feel. Unless you're on the same page there could be some miscommunication, which can cause a whole bunch of other problems. It's important to be open and clear in your expectations for the relationship. It's okay to not know exactly what you want right now, but if that's the case then you, or him, need to understand that and decide what is best for the two of you.
      ^^^this

Comment

It sounds like he would want you to open up emotionally. Tell him something he doesn't know about you, ask him where he sees himself in the future, explore together.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

A good, honest talk seems to be in order! Give each other the respect you deserve, but definitely don't hesitate to ask the questions you got regarding how you both are feeling and what you can do about it. No worrying is gonna fix that, you gotta sit down and be honest with each other.

~
          It'll take a lot more than words and guns
          A whole lot more than riches and muscle
          The hands of the many must join as one
          And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Thank you all. I'm very nervous right now I hope it goes well abd our relathionship can grow.

Comment

Didn't go like I thought. I'm still worried

Comment

Do you mind if I ask what happened?

Comment

We were talking and. He just. Didn't say much. We didn't break up but there seems to be alot on his mind. We talked about how he isn't happy with being navy reserve and that he wants active duty but his family isn't supportive of it. He was crying and wouldn't let me help

Comment

I opened up told him I want us to support each other and have a life together he talked about how it may not be working. And I held his hand and. He was just like so we will be more open. And keep trying but I feel like there is more on his mind than I got out. He was very cold when taking me home. Alot more was said but that's about most of it I'm hurt. And scared now

Comment

There may be a lot more on his mind. Whether or not that is you, well that is unknown. If he is thinking of going active duty there are a lot of things he has to think about, including how it will affect you. I say you need to talk about it more, let him know that you feel that he has much on his mind and that he should know that he should be able to share that with you. Going active duty is a huge decision, one that will affect not only his future but your relationships as well so I trust there is much occupying his mind at the moment.
                      "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Working...
                      X